EPISODE 12

RED FLAGS

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 12

Bimpe jolted me out of my thoughts by asking me 'what am I going to do?'. I looked at her and said:" Is easier said than done Bimpe, I need to think it through before taking any decision. I need to pray about it too because I am in the middle of where I don't know if I should believe your pastor or not. I thought God doesn't support divorce and I thought your pastor should be preaching to me not to leave my husband but is the other way round. Are you sure your pastor is..... Bimpe didn't allow me to finish my sentence before she said:" Babe, let's go.  We will be talking about it in the car" She told me and help me up on my feet and I guess she didn't want her pastor to hear what am about to say because I am thinking if the pastor is a fake or not.

Bimpe called out the pastor and told him we are leaving and he wishes us well as we left his apartment. During our drive to the office, Bimpe told me that the ball is left in my court and I should remember that her pastor is not fake because he has never talked about something unless he is sure about it. Come to think of it Anisha, if truly you think my pastor is fake, why would he reject the money you gave him? Babe, I have known this pastor since I was in my secondary days and I can beat my chest to it that he is not a fake pastor. Leaving your husband is not the end of life if that's the best solution for now than you losing your life untimely.  I don't want anything to happen to you Nisha because you deserve all the good things in life. You have passed through a lot for you to be passing through all this " She told me and I didn't know when the tears I was trying to control fell from my eyes.

"Thank you so much Bimbim, I will think about it, " I told her and quickly wipe my tears with my handkerchief. Bimpe holds my hand assuring me with her face that everything will be fine while her other hand is on the steering and I have to fake a smile at her that I have heard her. I got home that night and keep thinking about what the pastor said while my husband was sleeping beside me with his hand on my belly bump. How do I tell Gabriel I want a divorce when he doesn't offend me in any way and am sure Gabriel won't let go of me easily especially now that am carrying his child. Should I run away? but that will be very bad of me because they will be all worried about it. Should I  come clean to Gabriel that  Bimpe took me to her pastor because of the dream  am having and that the pastor said the best solution is for me to divorce him? No. no. I don't think that will work because I am very sure Gabriel can kill that pastor if I tell him.

"God, can you please shed light on this mystery for me. I am tired already " I said in my mind as tears spilled down my eyes.

" Sweetheart, why are you crying?" Gabriel asked me in his sleepy voice as he quickly sits upright.

I quickly wiped my tears and said:" Am not crying, babe ".

"Stop lying to me Anisha, that is tears on your face for goodness sake. Have I offended you in any way? Have I done something to you? " He asked me.

" Gabriel, calm down. You have done nothing wrong to me " I replied him.   Then why are you crying?" He asked me with concern.

I faked a smile and said:" Is the pregnancy hormones ".

"Really? You should have wake me up then so we can both cry together. Anisha, I can't allow you alone to go through it since this a product of the both of us " he told me and I smiled at him.

" What can I do to make you stop crying because you are breaking my heart into pieces with that tears of yours, " Gabriel asked me looking into my eyes.

" Let me ask your baby because he is the one who put mummy in this position, "I said jokingly and touched my belly. Baby, what do you want so mummy can stop crying? Oh, okay then. " Your baby said he want Amala with ewedu prepared by his Dad," I told Gabriel with all smiles and he smiled back at me.