EPISODE 9

RED FLAGS

SOLELY WRITTEN BY EWATOMI ABIODUN

EPISODE 9

Our wedding plan commences immediately. Gabriel didn't allow my family to spend a dime on all the wedding preparations because he makes sure to foot all the bills and I am so glad I will be spending the rest of my life with him because he is all I can ask for in a man . My mum sent our wedding invitation cards to all her family, friends and personally deliver some to my Dad's family who thinks I won't get married since I was raised by her only and I could guess the shock on their faces when my mom handed them my wedding invitation card. Everything was going as planned except Gabriel's mother who still refused to accept me as her son's wife to be despite her elder sister talking to her.

It got to a stage, Gabriel had to call his whole family's member on her and I guess she didn't have a choice again when some elders in her family talked to her.  After months and months of wedding planning and meticulously checking boxes , and working towards one major culminating moment. A month to our  wedding, Gabriel's mother becomes extremely nice to me, she could call me every day to greet me, come visit us in Gabriel's apartment anytime her son told her am with him and I wonder the sudden change of attitude.

I first talked to my mom about it when we were sorting the Aso Ebi's out but she waved it off saying:" Anisha, don't worry yourself about it. She knows you are finally going to become her son's wife whether she likes it or not . She  doesn't want to lose her son forever since she sees how much her son loves you that was why she wants to be close to you " My mom told me but I still wasn't satisfied with her answer because I don't know why my instinct keeps telling me Gabriel's mom is just faking her likeness to me.  This is the same woman they had to call her whole family member to talk to before she approves of my relationship with her son. I was so bothered about it that I decided to ask Gabriel when  I got the chance and I hope he doesn't get angry at me at least he can make things clear to me since the person am  talking about is his mother.

I got the opportunity when I went to his apartment to visit him and give him the Aso Ebi's clothes for his colleagues at work. We were both relaxing on the couch watching a Chinese movie from his laptop with my head on his shoulder when I bring up the topic that has been bothering my mind. "Babe, Do you think your mom loves me ?" I asked him raising my head to look at him. He was so engrossed in the movie that he didn't reply me so I had to tap him lightly on his lap to gain his attention. He looked at me immediately I tapped him and said:" Sweetheart, are you okay ? You look stressed up . What is the problem ?".

I quickly sit upright beside him then gave him my cute puppy eyes and said:" Am scared Gabriel, do you think your mom loves me because she is too nice to me these few days " I asked him and he burst into a laugh which surprises me. 

"Why are you laughing? Is not funny at all ?" I asked him feigning angry.

" I am so sorry baby, I just laughed because you women are full of nothing but drama. When she doesn't show you love and disapprove of our relationship you said you were scared then and now that she likes you, you are scared again. Can't you see is funny " he asked me and pull me closer to himself looking into my eyes as he held me by my chin.   Don't stress yourself about it, sweetheart, is nothing to worry about, okay? My mom is a very simple person , once she has warm up to you then you are good to go  "He told me and I nodded my head at  him. He kissed me lightly on my lips and I snuggle with him as we continue watching the movie.

On our wedding eve, Gabriel and I had our bridal shower and bachelor Eve party thrown by our friends courtesy by  Bimpe who is my Chief bridesmaids, and Gabriel's Best friend who is the groom's best man. My mom and some of her family were against us throwing the party because of the fear something might happen but I told them am only getting married once so they should allow me to enjoy it to the fullest and they had no choice but to give up. To everyone's surprise, it completely went smoothly, and it was very fun. My bridesmaids and I left the venue to the hotel my husband to be booked for us to get  dressed for the big day.

In one blindingly beautiful whirl of love and emotion and floral arrangements the big day everyone had been waiting for came. The hairstylist was behind me doing my hair after the makeup artist was done making my face to perfection. I was surrounded by my bridesmaids who were dressing up on their own.  My mum came into the room where I was being dressed up with my bridesmaids. Everyone greeted her and she walked in front of me then brought out a letter and read :

To my precious Nisha,

Today is your wedding day, the most special day of your long-lived life at twenty-seven Today you will walk down the aisle, radiating beauty, to meet the man you will take as the chosen love of your life.

Today this man we have prayed for will take you as his wife, for better or worse. People thought you won't get married to the man of your dreams because you were raised by a single mother not knowing only God has the best plan for you. He gave you the man who will love you with all his heart and would take up the role of head of your family with certainty and a little fear. Someone who will desire to uplift and encourage and love you as God loves us.

I COULDN’T BE MORE PROUD OF THE YOUNG WOMAN WE GIVE AWAY TODAY.
Headstrong and confident.
Stubborn and feisty
Loving and giving
Sweet and sassy

You are my child.

MY DAUGHTER.

I hugged my mom with tears streaming down my face not caring that I will messed up my makeup and cried in her embrace while she was sobbing quietly as she prayed for me.  It was so emotional for both of us and everyone in the room had tears on their faces too and that's the best  scene our photographer and videographer walked in and they captured every moment of it.

*****************************************

Gabriel and I are standing in front of the alter as we received our vows and
The priest, in an enthusiastic tone, announced:

"Emm, Brother Gabriel, it is now time for you to kiss your wife..."

My groom took a few steps towards me and planted a soft unsophisticated kiss on my lips. This was followed by a mixture of applause and screams from the audience. As the day wrapped up and we got ready to drive off, my mom held my hands and took me to the front of the car where no one will interrupt us. With a smile that spoke volumes, she said,
"Today, you are going to be with a man who had no experience of sex. Make sure you are sweet in bed and I laughed at her response.

Gabriel and I happily blessed our driver's hand with a tip and walked into a three-star hotel in  banana island for a three-night honeymoon experience. The upscale interior decor was refreshing to the eyes. Various works of art garnished the walls around us. It was a pleasant sight.

The eyes of a brown-skinned receptionist at the welcome desk greeted us. As we negotiated for a room, I could only think of the three-letter word that makes the world go round.

The room didn't fall short of my expectations. The red sheets on the bed spoke the language of love. It was a calm and convenient cubicle. It seemed like the perfect place for a romantic adventure. Gabriel and I both had a quick shower together in the bathroom and we took every action to the bedroom room where we made love to each other like there's no tomorrow and you would never believe Gabriel was a virgin because he unleashes every bit of passion that's was hidden within as he set my body on fire as we consummate our marriage.

I thought I had my happily ever after not until after three years of our marriage and there's no child to show off.  Gabriel had been a very caring and supportive husband to me all this years, We had both went to different hospitals to get checked and we were told we are medically okay. We tried IVF twice and it failed both times that I cried my eyes out. My mum had gone from seeing a Pastor to Alfa to a herbalist so I can also get pregnant. I eat and drink anything she brings from those people not minding what they used in making them because I want to have children of my own but all seems fruitless. I never knew trouble was lurking around waiting for the best opportunity to comes out until one day when Gabriel just came back from work.

TBC.............................................

Kindly Drop Your Thought On This Episode Or Type Am Following.

Kindly click the vote button, it means a lot to me 🙏🙏🙏🙏