Chapter 4 ♛

The next morning in the Bridgerton household, Daphne and Daisy are talking about yesterday's events in the drawing-room.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

𝓓𝓪𝓲𝓼𝔂'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥

"Then while I was trying to get away from him I bumped into non other than the Duke of Hastings!" as Daphne slouched into the seat.

"Daphne stop moving, I won't get a better angle of your face if you keep moving," I exclaimed with a paint brush In my hand, "The Duke of Hasting's...Hmm never heard of him."

"I as well have never heard of him til last night," Daphne said fixing her posture, "And Anthony kept bothering all the gentlemen who came to introduce themselves to us."

"Oh Daph we both know that Anthony did it for our well being, he's simply being well Anthony!," as I tried to resign with my sister," Plus our drawing-room has been nothing but empty, and you should see what Lady Whistledown's opinion has been on us."

"Oh, enough about Lady Whistledown!" As Daphne got up from her chair as I followed.

"I mean you still have lord Burbrooke, it seems you are 'destined' to be together," I snickered

Gasp, "you wouldn't dare say that daisy."

"Not my fault Anthony has managed to scare away almost every suitor."

"Perhaps," Daphne fell back into her seat.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

"Daisy Daphne, Oh I have wonderful news," mama came bartering into the drawing-room, The duke of Hasting is to attend dinner here under our roof!"

"What ever for?" I questioned

"You will see, now you and Daphne must get ready for tonight!," as mama left the room.

"The Duke?," Daphne turned to me.

"Yes Daphne the Duke," I said as I left the room.

As I made my way to my room I bumped into Colin, "Where have you been all afternoon?"

"The Featheringtons," he replied

"The Featheringtons, What ever for?"

He turned back to face me, "Marina Thompson."

Gasp,"My Brother interested in a girl!" I exclaimed patting his shoulder

"Shhh no one knows except you and I hope to keep it that way." he trailed off.

"Don't worry brother my lips are sealed!" as I waved my brother goodbye and headed off to my room.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

"Purple ribbon or Blue ribbon?" I thought to myself, "purple definitely." I grabbed my diamond necklace and clasped it around my neck, "I'd say this is good enough," I snickered, "The Duke and a blushing Daphne." I looked at myself one last time in the mirror and headed out the door.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," I said as I entered the dining room.

"No worries Daisy," as Anthony pulled my chair out for me

"Daisy I would like to introduce you to The duke of Hastings."

I turned to my right and saw, "Simon?"

"Daisy you know him," Anthony questioned

"Ah, Daisy Bridgerton, and we only met briefly," The Duke replied

"How lovely," Mama chimed in.

Dinner went exceedingly Boring, with Daphne flirting to my right and mother eyeing at me to converse with people other than Hyancinth.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

My dearest readers, Be it shame or slander, seduction or smear, there is but one thing that humbles even the most highly-regarded members of our dear ton...a scandal!

Well dear reader, it should seem that all of Grosvenor Square has been left to ponder a rather scandalous question, indeed. Might two former diamond's recent fall from grace turn out to be the most daming scandal of all?

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

After last nights soiree at Vauxhall the Bridgerton family resides in the drawing room as one says "How does a lady come to be with child!?" Eloise barged in

Me, Colin and Benedict snicker and Daphne stops playing.

"E-Eloise, what a question!" mama stammered

"I thought one needed to be married"

"What are you talking about?" Daphne questioned

"Apparently, it's not even a requirment." Eloise responded

"Eloise, That is more than enough!" mama exclaimed, "Daphne, you were playing so lovely. Please, do go on."

"I take it the three of you know?" Eloise said sitting down between us.

"Do not look at me," Colin said rapidly, "Have you ever visited a farm, El?" I hit the back of his head.

"Aghh," Eloise growled

"I hope the three of you are not encouraging improper topics of conversation," mama chimed in

"Not at all mother," I replied

"In fact, we were just heading off to... Take our sticks out," Colin replied

"BAHAHAHA," I busted out laughing

"COLIN AND DAISY BRIDERTON" mama was furious at this point, "that is no way to act like a lady!"

"A round of fencing," as Benedict and Colin got up.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

sorry its going a bit slow but :)))))