Chapter 13 ♛

Daisy and the Prince made their way back to the party when they heard a voice of someone quite familiar yell.

"Bastard!!!"

Daisy's breath hitched as she looked at the prince, "Fred stay here."

The young Miss Bridgerton followed the voice that happened to be Anthony's. Just as she arrived at the scene he charged towards Simon and punched him square in the face.

"ANTHONY" she screamed as Daisy ran to her sister Daphne's side, "What the hell happened here?!"

Anthony glanced at his younger sister, "You will marry her," he huffed gesturing towards Daphne.

"What?" Daphne said

"Anthony he can't" Daisy chimed in. He looked at daisy's disheveled appearance, "And you? What have you done, who has defiled your innocence?!" Anthony yelled

She stayed quiet

"WHO!"

"No one important!" she huffed

"No one important?" he stepped closer, "I will find out and when I will Daisy, you shall end up like your sister," as he glanced at Daphne.

Anthony directed his attention back to The duke, "You can only hope no one saw you take such liberty's and my sister save further mortification. You will marry Her!" He fumed

The duke panted, "I cannot marry her"

Daphne looked up at the Duke with sadness in her eyes, "You have defiled her innocence and now you refuse her hand?! I knew you were a rake Hastings, I never thought you a villain!!"

"I cannot marry her," he continued

"Then you leave me no choice. I must demand satisfaction."

Daisy furrowed her brow,"A duel? Anthony, you cannot-"

"I will not let him Dishonor your sister. He dishonors Daphne, you and me. The very Bridgerton name," he huffed directing his attention back to the duke. "I have misjudged you, indeed. You have duped us, But I shall not see my sister pay for my own misdeeds. We will settle this as gentlemen."

"I understand," The duke addressed, "I shall see you at dawn."

"I do not understand," Daphne spoke, "You would rather die than marry me?"

Daisy shifted her attention towards her sister, "Daphne he is not worth it"

"I am truly sorry."

"We need to go daph," Daisy said

"I agree before anyone should see us," Anthony agreed, leading them both back out of the garden towards the party.

"Our sister's has a headache. I am taking them home," he said to Colin, "See to mother will you?"

"You two look unwell," a girl chimed in, "Did you catch a chill in the garden?"

The twins did not respond as Anthony gently took their arms escorting them out.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

𝓓𝓪𝓲𝓼𝔂'𝓼  𝓟𝓞𝓥

We entered back into our household Anthony escorting us, "I want you to know I am not angry with you," he gestured to Daphne, "I do not blame you for what transpired."

"Anthony...do not treat her like a child," I said biting my lip a bit

Daphne looked over to daisy with a look of gratitude, "Thank you, Daisy. It is true I did this."

"He took advantage of you."

"No less than I took liberties with him."

"you do not understand. I should have protected you better. I knew his true nature from the start."

I Furrowed my brow a bit at Anthony, "You think just because she is a woman, she is incapable of making her own choices? Is that it brother?"

"Exactly," Daphne said, "Do you even care that Simon has dishonored me, as you say, or is it your own male pride that you see to satisfy?"

I was a little taken back at Daphne's words. Though She did not lie she spoke facts.

"You two are to go up to bed," Anthony advised as he walked away from us.

"Anthony you cannot duel him. It is illegal, to name but one reason. you could both be arrested, let alone KILLED," I asserted, "There must be another way to help to settle this. For Daphne-"

"What would you have me do?" he began, "I do not take this decision lightly daisy. This is the way things are handled amongst gentlemen."

"Then you gentlemen must be pretty incompetent, Stupid and, always wish to take the path of violence," I sneered, "What of Daphne? She cannot live with the Duke's death on her own brother's hands."

"It is more than just Daphne's honor at stake it is yours's too, The entire family name."

I rolled my eyes

"This is madness!" Daphne shouted

"What is it?" a voice said behind us

"you and I need to talk," as Anthony yanked our brother's arm, "You two, Bed!" as the door slammed in front of us.

Daphne growled as she took my arm to her room, "I cannot stand him!" she yelled walking in circles as I sat at the edge of her bed blowing on my nails.

"Indeed."

Daphne huffed and looked at me, "Sister stop being, sarcastic! Plus what were you doing in the gardens?!"

I glanced up at her then back down at my nail, "No one of importance sister. Just a mere gentleman."

"I do not buy that."

"I kissed a man in a garden that is all. At least I did not almost have sexual intercourse."

Daisy furrowed her brows while tilting her head at me, "Sexual intercourse?"

Oops, I forgot little Miss innocent here does not know that that is..."N-Nothing! I will take my leave now."

"Wait you said you kissed someone in the garden!!" she said barely below a yell

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

That was a really bad filler chap but....

TYSM FOR 6K READS 😘😘