Chapter 5 ♛

"Oh sister," Daphne barged into my room.

"Daph I know what you are going to say," I said not budging eyes away from my painting.

"What do you mean?"

"What I mean Daph is I know you have fallen for Simon when that was not part of your plan...Do correct me if I am wrong but I believe I am right, aren't I?"

Daphne rushed over to me, "How did you know?!"

"How did I know? Simple the way you looked at him a couple of days ago," I smirked

Daphne furrowed her brows at me, "Well now he is trying to make me jealous! And I don't know what to do sister," she whined.

I set my paintbrush down and faced Daphne, "Well we just have to make him jealous back!"

"How are we going to do that?" Daphne questioned.

"Simple," I got up from my chair, "You must look irresistible at tonight's ball!" I clapped my hands, "Amber!!!"

"Yes Daisy," amber said running into my room.

"Send back mine and Daphne's dresses."

"Why miss?"

"Simple She has a certain Duke to impress and I...well we need to match or something of the sort," as I pushed back my long dark curls behind me, "Time to get to Work."

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

"My dears," mama cupped our cheeks, "you look absolutely stunning."

Daphne and I gave her a reassuring nod, "Daph remember we are here to make a gentlemen fall at your knees to make the Duke a little...Envious," I smirked at my brilliant plan

"Thanks, Daisy for helping me," Daphne gave me a toothy smile.

"That is what I am here for," I returned her a smile

Daphne and I went through the doors at the top of the staircase suddenly all eyes were set on us. All sorts of different shades of eyes scanning us up and down, Could it be envy, desire, or both. We slowly took our time down the stairs with the entire room set on us as if we were prey in men's eyes and flowers in the ladies '.

Once we reached the bottom of the staircase I nudged Daphne to drop her fan made of feathers. A Handsome gentleman whom I have never seen before made his way towards us till he was right in front of the fan.

Just as I planned a man at her knees, "Miss Bridgerton, I simply must have your first dance."

"It would be an honor, your highness," she curtsied.

YOUR HIGHNESS?! Daphne had a prince at her knees!!!

"Daisy bow at his majesty," mama whispered very quietly in my ear, as I forced down into the most 'delicate' curtsy I could.

Daphne handed her fan to mama and went off with the prince.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

I headed over to Simon, "you seem to appear rather tongue-tied Simon," I snickered

"Ahem, No I just have a bit of a headache"

"Hmm, sure whatever you say...Duke of Hasting's," I said as I wandered away from the crowd.

Time has passed since we have first arrived, many men have come up to me for a dance or two which I declined but mama made me dance with at least two.

I was distracted by my thoughts until I felt a tap on my shoulder

"Miss Bridgerton"

I turned around and saw it was HIM

I quickly curtsied, "Your Highness, Not to be rude but I believe you have the wrong Bridgerton sister," I smiled

"Oh no I came here in need to ask you for a favor..."

"What is the favor, your highness," I gave him a sincere smile

He looked down a bit at his feet, "Well I came here to ask if you could help me enchant your sister's heart..."

I nearly dropped my book, "I am sorry what?!"

"I completely understand if you wish not to help me...I mean who can blame you."

"Oh no, no, no I will help you under one condition your highness," I said as I straightened my posture looking him straight in the eyes.

A worried look formed on his face, "W-What condition would that be Miss Bridgerton?" he gulped

"Do not worry it is nothing bad," I joked patting his shoulder, "I wish for the finest paints you have in all of Prussia...But if my plan fails you owe me nothing."

"It is a deal then...Miss"

I smiled, "Daisy, and let's shake on that!"

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

HOPE YOU ENJOINED THIS CHAPTER :)))