Chapter 11 ♛

𝓓𝓪𝓲𝓼𝔂'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥

"Mother I am going to the park, I shall return later!!!" I exclaimed

Today is the day I might finish the Fred's portrait. 15 years of painting better pay off.

I was about to open the door before I heard mama yelling, "DAISY BRIDGERTON!!!" she huffed as she sprinted down the stairs like an ostrich. "Where on earth do you think you are going?! Do you not realize it is Friday," she furrowed her brow at me in a sort of v-shape.

"F-Friday?" I gulped. It's already Friday, "Well it is only 11 in the morning mama and the ball isn't until late in the evening," as I tried reasoning with her, "I shall only be gone for maximum of 3 hours."

She looked at me hesitantly, "W-Well dear...I suppos-"

"Thank you mama!!!" I tightly hugged her not letting her finish, "I will be back," and made my out the door In which Amber held open for me.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

"Fred I told you not to move," I said while backing away from the canvas with the sun glistening in the sky with a light breeze in the air.

He chuckled, "Sorry Daisy."

I furrowed my brow at him, "Freddy don't lie to me," I said while lightly punching his shoulder.

With this angle I have, might as well paint a blob of an eye, "Freddy Let me scoot my canvas a bit closer if I am to do the eyes."

"I suppose," he replied helping me move the canvas closer to him, "Alright," I sat down adjusting the canvas for the best angle.

And grabbed my pallet and brush as I looked at his eyes. They were a ocean blue and with the sun out it made them glow a bit.

I blinked my eyes when I realized I was staring for a little too long, " Promise me you won't move?" as I started mixing the colors of my pallet.

"Promise" he replied focusing his gaze on me

I let out a faint smile, yet something in his gaze was...different? Perhaps I was bothering him or maybe I was being a creep, " hope I am not bothering you too much your highness," I said looking back down at my pallet mixing in random colors.

"Not at all daisy. Your company is the most beautiful company I wish for."

I snapped my eyes back up to meet his cerulean ones. "Beautiful" I thought. NO, NO, NO Daisy.

Is it too improper to ask? Oh fuck it, "Fred y-you are still interested in daphne...right?"

He didn't respond

"Fre-"

"No."