8

What a plot twist you were.

Thursday

Scott's POV:

When I got to school that morning, I immediately went to find Stiles. I was still debating whether or not to tell him about last night. Stiles was standing at his locker with Malia. He looked miserable and hungover.

"Hey, Stiles."

He looks over at me. "Oh, hey, Scott. You're lucky alcohol doesn't affect you."

"Is your dad upset?"

"What do you think? The sheriff's underage son got drunk on a school night. I can't remember a thing from last night."

Well, that cleared that up. Stiles doesn't remember his confession. "You didn't really miss anything too crazy."

Malia put a hand on Stiles's arm. "I got to go. I promised Kira I would meet her before class."

Stiles kissed her cheek and said goodbye.

I couldn't help but wonder why Stiles was with her when he was apparently in love with me.

Wait a second...

I thought back to the day I convinced Stiles to ask out Malia. He had been acting weird around me and Kira. I was sure he was jealous of our relationship. I was right, but not in the way that I thought. He was jealous of Kira being with me. And the only reason he's going out with Malia is because he knew it would make me happy.

"Stiles, can we talk?" I asked.

Before he could answer, the bell rang. "Can we talk at lunch?"

I nodded. "Yeah, of course."

●●●●●

Stiles's POV:

At lunch later that day, Scott dragged me to a table on the other side of the cafeteria then the rest of the pack

"Look, I know you said you wanted to talk," I said after sitting down, "but can't we talk at our normal table?"

"I don't want the others listening in. They know not to wait for us."

Scott looked really nervous. He also seemed to refuse to look me in the eye.

"Scott, what's going on?"

He sighed. "Do you really not remember anything from last night?"

I shook my head. "Nothing. I mean, Malia told me that you helped me to the jeep, but I don't remember that at all."

Scott didn't say anything, or even look up.

"Wait, is that what this is about? I didn't say anything embarrassing did I?"

Scott blushed.

(Can werewolves blush? I'm sure they can.)

"Oh, god, Scott, what did I say?"

I was not expecting his answer.

"You said that... that you're in love with me."

●●●●●

Scott's POV:

I've never seen anyone blush as hard as Stiles did just then.

"I- Scott- You- I-" He continued to sputter for a few seconds, before hiding his face in his hands. "I'm so sorry, Scott."

"You don't have anything to apologize for, Stiles. You can't help who you fall in love with."

He didn't say anything.

"Does Malia know?"

He nodded from behind his hands. "She agreed to pretend to go out with me." He lowered his hands to the table. "I thought that if I pretended to date Malia, you wouldn't find out how I feel about you."

"I'm sorry I pressured you into asking her out. I wasn't thinking. I'm sorry, Stiles."

"Why are you apologizing? You didn't do anything wrong."

I sighed. "I just, honestly, wish that I felt the same way."

"Don't say that, Scotty. Just don't. Look, this isn't going to ruin our friendship or anything, is it?"

"Why would you even ask that? Of course not!" I exclaimed. "You're still my best friend, Stiles. This isn't going to change anything. Just promise one thing?"

"What?"

"Be honest with me from now on. Don't pretend to date people you don't have feelings for. Okay? You don't have to lie to make me feel better. Promise me."

He sighed. "I promise."

After we went our separate ways for class, I kept thinking about Stiles. I guess I just never expected him to fall in love with me. But I was telling the truth earlier. I meant it when I said that I wish I felt the same. Stiles is such an amazing guy. He's my favorite person in the whole world.