1

I fell in with my straight, male best friend.

Stiles's POV

Four months later

I sat at the lunch table and watched as Scott smiled at Kira. I sighed heavily, which apparently got Lydia's attention.

"Stiles, are you okay?"

No. "Yeah, of course, Lyds. Why wouldn't I be okay?"

Her eyes narrowed. "You - never mind."

I shrugged and turned back to Scott and Kira.

"Why don't you come over later?" Scott asked Kira.

"Sure," she replied.

I inwardly groaned as I stopped paying attention. Don't get me wrong, I like Kira. I think she's very sweet. But I can't help but hate that they're dating.

I looked back over at Lydia, but she's now talking to Allison and Isaac. Liam's deep in conversation with Mason and Corey. Theo was nowhere to be seen. Malia's the only one who seemed to not be doing anything.

"Hey, Malia."

Her gaze shifted from her tray of food up to me. "What?"

I smiled at her. "Are you not hungry?" I had noticed she hadn't eaten anything.

"I'm starving, but I don't like school food."

I nodded in understanding. I pulled a candy bar from my backpack and handed it to her.

She took the candy bar, unwrapped it, and took a bite. "Thanks," she said through a mouthful of chocolate.

"You're welcome, Mal."

As I walked to class later, Lydia found me. "Are you okay, Stiles?"

"You asked me that earlier, Lydia. I'm still fine."

She rolled her eyes. "You weren't fine earlier, Stiles, and you're not fine now."

"Well, then if you already know the answer, why do you keep asking?"

"Because I'm worried about you. You've been acting distant the last few months. What's going on with you?"

I'm in love with my straight best friend who has a girlfriend. "It's not a big deal, Lydia."

She huffed and crossed her arms. "I don't believe you."

"Well, I don't care. I have to get to class."

"You're telling me what's wrong whether you like or not." With that said and done, she walked off to her own class.

As I sat down in my regular seat in Economics, I remembered that I have this class with Scott.

"Hey, Stiles," he said as he sat down beside me.

I faked a smile, giving him a small wave. "Hey, Scott. So, Kira's coming over tonight?"

He smiled. "Yeah. Another date night I guess."

"How's it going with you guys, anyway?" Why can't I shut up?

Scott didn't seem bothered by the question. "It's going great. Kira's amazing," he replied as Coach walked in and started class.

Yay. Scott's in yet another committed relationship with a female, while I'm stupidly pining over my best friend. Who still doesn't know I'm gay.

Why doesn't he know you're gay? You may ask.

Well, that's because I didn't realize I was gay until after Scott was bit. And even though it's been a whole damn year, I still haven't told him because in the past year so much shit has gone down that I haven't gotten a chance yet.

As I finally plopped down on my bed, the doorbell rang. I groaned and got back up. I opened the door to see Lydia, the girl I always thought I had a crush on. Lydia followed me up to my room and sat on my bed.

"Now tell me what's wrong," she demanded.

"Do I have to?" I asked as I sat next to her.

"Yes." She stared at me expectantly. "Now spill it."

I didn't see any other way out of the situation, so I told her the truth. "I'm gay and in love with Scott."

Her mouth fell open in surprise. "I'm going to be completely honest. I already knew about you being gay, but I wasn't expecting the other thing."

My brow furrowed. "How did you already know I'm gay?"

She rolled her eyes. She does that a lot when she's talking to me. "It's kind of obvious when you pay close enough attention."

"Oh."

"But you're in love with Scott?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I realized it about four months ago. When he and Kira started dating."

Lydia didn't say anything, but after a few moments, she started to smile. That worried me.

"Lydia, what is it?"

I was not expecting her reply. "We just have to make him fall in love with you."