12

I love seeing you happy.

Sunday

Scott's POV:

The next morning, I woke up before Stiles and went downstairs to see my mom at the kitchen table.

"Hey, sweetie," she said with a smile.

"Hey, mom. Can I talk to you about something?"

"Of course. What is it?"

I sat down across from her. "It's about Stiles." I took a deep breath. "I kissed him yesterday."

Mom seemed pretty shocked by that. "You did?"

I nodded.

"Well, do you have feelings for him then?"

"Not that I know of. I mean, I'm with Kira. But things have been so confusing lately."

"Confusing how exactly?" She asked.

"Stiles is in love with me. He has been for about four months, but I only found out a few days ago."

"Well, to be honest, I wasn't expecting that, but it does make a lot of sense. So, ever since you found out, you've been sure how you feel?"

I nodded. "I mean, I have no problem with him having feelings for me. I actually find it quite flattering. But I don't know how I feel about him. I care about him so much and he's one of my favorite people in the world. But as far as romantic feelings, I'm confused."

"Let me ask you this: Why did you kiss him?"

--

Stiles' POV:

I woke up to an empty bed and quietly made my way downstairs. But before I was in view of the kitchen, I hear Scott and Melissa talking.

"Let me ask you this: Why did you kiss him?" I heard Melissa ask.

Scott must have told her what happened last night.

"I don't know," Scott replied. "I wanted to."

"Why?"

I heard Scott sigh. "Because I... I don't know." He sounded frustrated.

"How it make you feel, when you kissed him?"

"Happy, I guess. I mean, I liked it."

"And how did you feel when you found out about his feelings for you? I know you said that you have no problem with it. But how did it make you feel to know?"

"When I first found out, I wasn't sure how to feel. But when I confronted him about his feelings, I... All I could think was: I wish I felt the same way."

--

Melissa's POV: (Surprise!)

That surprised me a little. "Why do you say that?"

You may be wondering why I'm asking him all of these questions. I'll tell you why. I know my son, and I know that he has a hard time looking inwards to what he's really feeling. These questions will get him thinking. They'll help him get the answers he's looking for.

"He probably thinks it's out of pity, but it's not that. I don't know how to live without him. I don't want to know what it's like. Stiles is so important to me and I care about him more than anything. I don't that it doesn't always seem like it, but it's true. He always gives me everything, and I just want to be able to that back for him."

And that's when I realized something: Scott is just as head-over-heels for Stiles as Stiles is for him.

--