10

You are my today and all of my tomorrows.

Friday

Stiles's POV:

Right after school, I dropped by my house to say hi to my dad and pick up what I need for the weekend.

"Hey, Dad. Can I tell you something?"

"Of course, Stiles. What is it?"

I took a deep breath, then just let it out. "I'm gay."

Dad sighed. "I know."

That shocked me. "You know? But outside the club, you said -."

"Well, I didn't know then. But seeing you with Scott the last few months, I've been heavily suspecting that you probably have feelings for him."

"And you're not upset?"

Dad looked bewildered. "Why the hell would I be upset? I don't care if you're gay. At least I don't have to worry about you getting some girl pregnant."

I laughed.

"And you do have feelings for Scott, right?"

I nodded, looking at the floor. "I love him."

"Well, I don't care about that either. In fact, I'm glad it's Scott."

I looked up at him. "You are?"

"You boys have always been so close. Since the day you met, there was this connection between you. He was the only one who could really calm you down when you were little. And don't think I haven't noticed that you've always snuck out to go see him."

I chuckled. "You noticed that?"

He nodded. "Yep. I also noticed that your biggest fear is losing him. I see in the way you look at him. I hear it in the way you speak to and about him. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that if you ever lost him, you'd probably fall apart and nothing would ever be able to fix you."

I looked at my shoes, a little embarrassed that he had noticed. I wasn't used to hearing my dad speak about something so emotional and deep. The last time had been after my mom's funeral.

But he was right. I'd fall apart if I ever lost Scott. I had always felt that way, even before I fell in love with him. Scott has always been the most important thing to me in the world. Nothing, not even my dad or my mom's jeep, could ever come close to how important Scott is to me. And everybody knows how much I cherish my dad and Roscoe.

"I guess what I'm saying," Dad says, "is that I'm not surprised you fell for him."

Dad gets up from the kitchen table and walks over to where I'm standing in the doorway. He puts his arms around me, pulls me in for a hug.

"You'll always be my son, Stiles. No matter who you love."

I can honestly say that I actually teared up when he said that. It wasn't that I had expected Dad to kick me out or disown me or anything. But hearing him be so supportive really made my heart warm. I don't care how cheesy it sounds.

"Thanks, Dad. I love you."

"I love you, too, son." He pulled back from the hug. "Now go over there and spend time with your man."

I laughed loudly. "See you Sunday!"

--

Melissa was leaving as I arrived to the McCall residence.

"Hey, Stiles," she greeted. "Scott's in the living room. I'll be back around 7am. Have fun."

Scott was sitting on the floor against the couch with his knees against his chest, typing away at his phone. He looked up as I walked in and set my bag down.