7

I have passed by many eyes, but I have only got lost in yours.

Tuesday

Scott's POV

I walked into the school and found Theo beating up another lacrosse player. It took a few minutes, but Liam, Isaac, and I were finally able to seperate them. I saw Liam drag Theo off into the nearest restroom.

Stiles walked up next to me. "Hey."

"Hey, Stiles."

Malia and Kira joined us. We walked to class together. Later during lacrosse practice, I saw Stiles and Mia talking by the bleachers. I couldn't help but overhear what they were saying.

"I don't think it's working, Mal," I heard Stiles say.

"Of course it's not working. You're not trying hard enough."

I wondered what they were talking about.

"I have been trying."

"Not hard enough. What was it that Lydia said? 'You have to be persistent'."

"I have been," Stiles said defensively.

"Well, then be even more persistent."

I watched as Malia pulled Stiles into a kiss, then she pushed him towards the field.

"Hey, Scotty," Stiles greets me with a smile. "You ready to practice?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

(Pack members on the team:
Scott, Stiles, Liam, Isaac, Kira.)

After practice, Kira and I jogged over to the other girls. Stiles was already there.

"I'm going to head back," Stiles said. "I want to hurry up and shower."

"I'll see you in class," I replied.

Stiles jokingly punched my arm. "See ya."

●●●●●

Stiles's POV

Later that day at lunch, I'm sitting with Malia and Lydia at the other end of the table from Scott and Kira. Allison, Isaac, and Liam's group were inbetween us.

I thought of something that Lydia told me once about eye contact while flirting. I glance at Scott. It just so happens that he's looking my way. We lock eyes for a second. I quickly look away. Remembering Lydia's instructions, I slowly drag my eyes back to look at him. Our eyes locked again. I gave him a sexy little smile before looking away a final time.

Lydia chuckled. "Did you just do the eye thing I taught you?"

I nodded smugly. "Yes, I did."

"Good job, Romeo."

●●●●●

Wednesday

I met up with Scott by his locker after third period.

"Hey, Scotty. You look great."

"Thanks," he replied with a smile. "You seem happy."

"I am."

"Derek called a pack meeting after school. Can you make it?"

"Yeah, of course. Why is Derek still the one organizing pack meetings if you're the alpha?"

Scott chuckles. "He's used to being in charge."

●●●●●

Stiles's POV:

Later that evening, Malia and I arrived at Derek's loft together. We seemed to be the last ones there.

Scott was talking to Derek and Peter. Theo, Liam, Mason, and Corey were playing cards. Malia and I walked over to where Isaac, Allison, Kira, and Lydia were sitting together.

"Hey, do you guys know why Derek called this meeting?" I asked.

Allison shrugged. "Something about pack bonding."

"Don't we do enough of that?" I fake pouted.

"It doesn't hurt to strengthen our bond, Stiles."

I turned around to see Derek standing there with his arms crossed.

"Sorry, sourwolf. What's on the agenda?"

"Peter suggested a game."

"Peter likes playing games?" Kira asked.

"Apparently."

"What kind of game?" Lydia questioned.

"Let's play 'Never Have I Ever!" Mason loudly suggested from the other side of the loft.

●●●●●

Scott's POV:

Most of the room agreed. The whole group sat in a large circle. I'm in between Stiles and Kira. We were all given a cup of cheap beer.

We played for about an hour before the non-fast healers were a bit woozy. I helped Stiles outside to his jeep. Malia was going to drive him home, but she was still inside talking to Kira.

"I love you, Scotty," Stiles drunkenly mumbled into my shirt.

"I love you too, buddy." I buckled him into the passenger seat.

"No, I mean I love you. Like I really love you."

I looked at his face. His eyes were halfway closed. It wasn't unusual for Stiles to say he loves me, but this seemed different.

Stiles was still talking. "I love you like more than a friend. Like you love Kira."

I was definitely not expecting that! He's dating Malia! "Stiles-"

I was cut off by the sound of snoring. Stiles had fallen asleep!

At that very moment, Malia came outside to the jeep. "Everything okay, Scott?"

I nodded. "Y-yeah. Stiles fell asleep. He's going to be hungover in the morning."

"Yeah, maybe drinking on a school night wasn't the best idea. I'll get him home. Night, Scott."

"Night, Malia."

As I laid in bed that night, I kept thinking about Stiles had said. I had heard once that drunken words were sober thoughts. Does that mean Stiles really is in love with me? How could I have missed that?

Do I tell him I know?