4

I have passed by many eyes, but I only got lost in yours.

Malia's pov

"You did what?"

"I may have told Scott that I would ask you out."

I rolled my eyes. "So, you told Scott that you would ask me out because why?"

Stiles sighed. "He thinks that I'm jealous of him having a girlfriend."

"But you're not. So, what's the real problem?"

Stiles sighed again and sat next to me on my bed. "I'm in love with Scott."

That surprised me. "You are? Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

Stiles shrugged. "I was hoping it would go away."

"Stiles, feeling like that don't just go away. Does anyone else know about this?"

"Lydia does. She cornered me into confessing the other day. She came up with this plan to get Scott to fall in love with me." Stiles explained Lydia's plan. "But it's not working."

"Well you said it's only been a few days right?" Stiles nodded. "Then you just need to give it some time. In fact, I already have an idea."

"What is it?"

"I'll pretend to be your girlfriend for a while. Let's try to get Scott and Kira to agree to a double date. While we're on the date, I'll distract Kira so that you can have some alone time with Scott."

"I guess that could work."

"Of course it will, because I'm going to get Lydia to help."

--

Monday

I explained my idea to Lydia, who agreed to help.

"Just get Scott and Kira to agree to the date," Lydia said. "I'll handle everything else."

--

Stiles's POV

Scott and I were sitting next to each in science class. It's the kind of classroom with the black-top tables with two stools each. The teacher was making us watch an educational video.

I was so bored. I looked over at Scott, who's texting Kira, his phone hidden under the table. I rolled my eyes. Does he have to text her every moment of every day?

I nudged Scott with my foot. He looked over at me.

"What?" He mouthed.

"I'm bored." I whispered.

"Class is almost over, then we have lunch. I'm sure you can hold out 'till then." He went back to texting Kira.

I huffed. Sometimes I wonder how I ever fell in love with him. 10 minutes later, we were all sitting at our regular lunch table. Lydia and Malia were whispering to each, probably about the date plan. Scott and Kira were wrapped up in each other as usual. Isaac and Liam were having a debate about something. Mason and Corey were chatting with Theo. So I turned to Allison.

"Can I ask you something?"

Allison nodded. "Of course, Stiles. What's up?"

"Did you ever feel like chopped liver when Lydia had a boyfriend? Like her boyfriend was important than you?"

"No, Lydia always made sure to spend plenty time with her friends. Wait, is this about Scott?"

"Ever since he started dating Kira, it's like I don't exist anymore. I mean, I guess I should be used to it, considering that this isn't the first time." I said the last part without thinking much about who I was talking to.

Allison's expression turned from confusion to sympathy. "Is that how you felt when Scott and I were dating? Oh, Stiles, I never meant for you to feel that way."

"I know that, Allison. I didn't mean it like that. I wasn't really thinking. It wasn't your fault, and it's not Kira's either."

"Well, you know how Scott is. He's got a one track mind."

I chuckled. "That's true. I just don't how to get his attention. I mean, I'm supposed to be his best friend, but it's like he never has time for me."

"Have you tried telling him that?"

"No. I don't want to come across as whiny."

Allison smiled. "You wouldn't be whining, Stiles. Just talk to him."

After school, I caught up with Scott as he was walking towards his bike. "Hey, Scott. Do you have plans on Friday?"

"I don't think so."

"Well, I took your advice and asked Malia out, and she said yes."

Scott smiled. "That's great, Stiles."

"Yeah, and we were wondering if you and Kira wanted to go on a double date on Friday."

"That sounds fun. I'll ask Kira."

Scott said goodbye and left. I got in my jeep and was about leave the parking lot when Lydia walked over. I rolled the window.

"Scott said he'll ask Kira about the double date," I told her.

"That's good. But that's not what I wanted to talk about. Malia told me that you said the plan wasn't working. You know, doing the little things? I know it's only been a few days, but he should have been paying more attention to you already."

I shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough or something? I still haven't started the texts in the morning or evening."

"Start that tonight," Lydia demanded.

I took her advice. That night, before I went to bed, I sent Scott a text.

Me: Hey, I wanted to say thanks for your advice.

Scott: I'm glad it worked out for you.

Me: I'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight, buddy.

Scott: Goodnight, Stiles.