5

Together is a wonderful place to be.

Scott's POV

Me, Kira, Stiles, and Malia were going on a double date in about an hour. I was on my way to pick Kira up on my bike. I stopped outside Kira's house. The door immediately opened and she ran out. Her dad stepped out the door and waved at us. I waved back. Once we reached the carnival, we waited by the fate for Stiles and Malia, since they had our tickets.

"I'm glad they asked us to do this," Kira said. "I love carnivals."

I smiled. "Me too. I can tell that this was probably Stiles's idea. We used to go to the carnival every year with his mom until she got sick. After that, my mom and his dad worked too much to take us."

At that moment, Stiles pulled up in his jeep, and he and Malia hopped out.

"Hey, guys!" Stiles greeted cheerfully.

A few minutes later, the four of us were waling around, trying to decide what to do first. Someone suggested balloon pop, so Stiles went up. He managed to win a stuffed panda for Malia.

We spent the evening playing several games and riding several rides.

"Let's go on the ferris wheel!" Stiles said excitedly.

Kira looked at me. "You guys go ahead. I'm not a big fan of heights." (Just go with it.)

I was about to offer to stay with while the others go, but Malia spoke up. "I'll stay with you, Kira. Scott and Stiles can go together with out us."

●●●●●

Stiles's POV

Thankfully, Kira agreed to Malia's suggestion. When Scott and Kira weren't looking, Malia sent me a wink. I grabbed Scott's wrist and started walking towards the line for the Ferris Wheel.

"Somebody's excited," Scott said, noticing my fast pace and tight grip on his wrist.

I let go and slowed down. I flashed a smile. "Sorry. It's get my favorite ride."

"I remember."

Once we were seated, I looked for the girls. I couldn't see them anymore. We slowly reached the top of the wheel, where we sat stationary for a few mintues. I glanced over at Scott, who was admiring the high view. God, he was so beautiful.

"You okay, Stiles?" Scott was now looking at me. "You're heart is beating really fast."

"Oh, I hadn't noticed," I lied. I looked away from him, searching for the girls again. I saw them sitting at a pinic table.

"Stiles, what's wrong?" Scott asked, sounding worried.

The problem is that I'm in love with you and we're on top of the Ferris Wheel which is really romantic and I really want to kiss you, I thought.

"Nothing," I said. "I just haven't been up here in a while."

"Okay," he replied, buying my excuse.

We were so close that our thighs and arms were plastered together, which wasn't helping my nerves.

Scott laid a hand over mine. I looked at him, wondering what he was doing. "Physical contact can help with nerves," he explained.

Yeah, well, in this case it's doing the extact opposite. "Oh, that's smart. Thanks."

As soon as we reached the bottom, I scrambled out of there and waited a few feet away for Scott. Together, we walked over to where the girls were sitting. We decided it was time to get some food. We all got corn dogs and ice-cream sodas.

As we walked back to the parking lot, with Scott and Kira ahead of us, Malia whispered. "What happened on the Ferris Wheel?"

"Barely anything," I whispered back. "I was too damn nervous. He heard my heart beating really fast and thought I was nervous about the height. So he held my hand."

Malia smiled. "He held your hand?"

"Sort of. It was only because he said that physical contact can help with nerves."

We made it to where our vehicles were parked side-by-side. Once we said our goodbyes, Malia pulled me into a kiss. It shocked me, but I couldn't let Scott see that. I put my hand on the back of her head and kissed her back. As we pulled away, I noticed Scott blushing as he avoided looking. Kira on the other hand, was smiling at us. We said goodbye again and got in the jeep.

I turned to Malia. "What the hell was that?"

She shrugged. "I was putting on a show for Scott and Kira. We have to make it convincing that we're dating."

I accepted that answer and started driving. When I got home, I sent Scott a text.

Me: Tonight was really fun.

Scott: Yeah, it was. We'll have to do another double date again soon.

Me: Yeah. Goodnight, Scotty.

Scott: 🙂 Goodnight, Stiles.