Chapter 1

A lavish mansion was decorated wonderfully with colourful flowers and ribbons and its terrace, doors, windows and backside garden were glowing with a row of bright golden bulbs. The marriage pavilion was decorated very beautifully with garlands and flowers in the garden of that mansion. Guests and relatives were dressed up in traditional attire and were looking very happy for the marriage. Soon the bridegroom arrived there with his family, friends and relatives.

Meanwhile in the bride's room, a young girl in her early thirties was sitting in front of a mirror surrounded by her friends. One of her friends was making her wear bangles, the other one was settling her earrings and forehead jewellery and the remaining were settling her other jewelleries. The girl was looking breathtakingly beautiful in her baby pink and pale peach lehenga. Her baby pink dupatta tucked in one side was revealing her perfect body figure very beautifully. She had wore every necessary jewellery that a bride should wear. Her eyes were embellished with a stroke of kajal and liner whereas mascara was enhancing her eyelids along with the pale peach shade of eye shadow. Her lips glorified with a stroke of baby pink shade of lipstick enhanced her beauty even more. Her friends looked at her and smiled while she seemed to be lost in the pool of her own thoughts.

"Haye! Purvi tu kitni khoobsurat lag rahi hai"...One of them said while smiling.

"Haan yaar! Nazar na lage kisi ki"...The other one said while smiling.

"Are iska honewala pati to policewala hai policewala...Agar kisi ki nazar lag jaaye na, maar daalega wo to"...The first one said teasingly.

Her other friends laughed and nodded. They all continued teasing Purvi who was sitting quiet all the time.

Meanwhile some other girls came there. They looked at Purvi and smiled.

"Baarat aa gayi!"...They shrieked in happiness.

"Baarat aa gayi!...Chalo chalo hum bhi dekhenge"...The girls sitting beside Purvi squealed in delight.

They all went outside the room to see the marriage processions. Purvi saw them leaving from there with teary eyes. Then, she looked at a jewellery box. She picked it up and opened it. There was a letter in it, she took out the letter and then kept it aside. She opened the letter with feelings of restlessness before wiping away her heavy tears.

Purvi,

Ye raha tumhari shaadi ka tohfa, tumhare saare love letters...Beete dinon ki yaadein lauta raha hoon...Kyunki aaj tum par mera koi hak nahin raha...Tum aaj parayi ho gayi ho...Phir bhi itna kehta hoon ki vivaah mandap mein agni ke phere lete waqt itna samajh lena ki wo mere pyaar ki chita hai.

Tumhara Suhas.

Her eyes brimmed up with tears after reading it. She hugged it close to her heart and started shedding tears.

At the other side, a man was sitting on a big fancy sofa and was drinking wine.

"Aur kitna peene ka iraada hai Suhas...Pee pee kar apna gham kam karna chahte ho?"...A young girl in her early thirties asked while looking at him with a slight grin on her face.

"Gham...Kis baat ka gham?"...Suhas asked casually while looking at her.

"Aaj tumhari Purvi parayi ho gayi na"...The girl replied while coming in front of him.

Suhas laughed and stood up from the sofa.

"Renee....Zindagi mein na jaane kitni Purvi aayi aur kitni chali gayi"...He said before pulling the girl close to him by grabbing her waist.

Renee smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Afsos to sirf is baat ka hai ki uske chacha ki daulat haath nahin lagi"...Suhas said and sighed sadly.