Chapter 2

Purvi mustered some courage and silently walked inside her house without coming into anyone's attention. She directly went into her uncle's room and found him sitting on a chair. She went near him and knelt down.

"Chachaji...Mujhe maaf kar dijiye...Maine aapke maan-samman ko mitti mein mila diya...Jo galti maine aaj ki hai wo galti nahin jurm hai...Mujhe sazaa dijiye...Mujhe maar daaliye...Mujhe jeene ka koi haq nahin"...She said while crying bitterly after keeping her head on his hands.

She looked up at her uncle who was sitting quiet till the whole time.

"Chachaji...Mujhe daantiye...Mujhe maariye...Magar aise chup mat rahiye"...She said while holding his hands.

Her uncle didn't utter a word.

"Chachaji boliye...Kuchh to boliye chachaji"...She said while holding him from his arms.

Her eyes went wide, her mouth gaped open and her breathe stopped when she realised that her uncle was dead.

"Chachaji..."...She yelled at the top of her voice with tears.

Within seconds she ran outside her house while crying bitterly. She was panting and sweating very badly but she didn't stop running. While running, she reached the railway station which was a little far from her house. She stopped there and sat on a bench. She closed her eyes and shed her tears which were the consequences of her guilt.

"Agar main sahi hoon to tum hi Prof. Shantanu Sahay ki bhatiji Purvi Sahay ho na...Tumhari baarat laut gayi thi"...A drunkard man said while staring at her from head to toe.

Purvi opened her eyes and looked at him in shock.

"Hum le chalein kahin?"...The man asked with an evil smile.

Purvi became afraid of him. She stood up from the bench and walked away from him. While walking, she reached the waiting room. She hurriedly went inside and closed the door behind her. Suddenly her gaze fell on a two years old baby boy. She smiled lightly and went near him.

"Purvi..."...A lady called out in surprise as her gaze fell on her.

Purvi turned towards the source of her voice and became surprised after seeing her.

"Preeti..."...She mumbled in surprise, and unintentionally a smile appeared on her face.

Preeti moved close to her and hugged her while smiling. Purvi hugged her back.

"Kitne dinon baad dekha tumhe"...Preeti said while smiling in happiness before pulling away from the hug.

Purvi: Haan...Waise tum kahan jaa rahi ho...Aur tumhare pati...

She stopped in the middle of her sentence when she noticed that she had wore a plain white saree.

"Preeti...Aisa...Aisa nahin ho sakta"...She mumbled with tears in a teary voice.

Preeti: Ye sach hai Purvi...Aaj se teen mahine pehle ek car accident mein Kartik ki...

She stopped and started sobbing. Purvi wiped her tears and hugged her.

"Achchha abhi tum kahan jaa rahi ho?"...She asked after a while before separating from her.

"Mumbai...Wahan mera sasural hai...Pehli baar jaa rahi hoon"...Preeti replied while looking at her.

"Sasural...Pehli baar jaa rahi ho?"...Purvi asked in surprise and confusion.

"Haan Purvi...Kartik ne apne papa ki marzi ke khilaf mujhse shaadi ki thi"...Preeti replied while looking down.

Then, she looked up at her son.

"Main to ab bhi nahin jaati...Bas Aarush ke liye jaa rahi hoon"...She said and smiled a bit.