Chapter 23

Kavin went to Dipankar's house. As soon as he entered inside the house Nivedita hugged him and started shedding tears.

"Aunty!...Kya hua?...Aap ro kyun rahi hain?"...He asked worriedly, patting her back.

Nivedita parted from the hug and looked up at him with tears.

"Beta...Kisi ne tumhare uncle of jaan se maarne ki koshish ki hai"...She said while sobbing.

Kavin was utterly shocked after hearing her. He lost his temper after knowing the fact that someone wanted to kill his uncle.

"Kisne?"...He asked angrily.

Nivedita: Main nahin...

She stopped speaking when she saw Renee at the doorstep. Kavin followed her gaze and he too looked at Renee. Renee was dressed up as a widow and has come there to impersonate Preeti. She came near Nivedita who was looking at her confusedly.

"Maa"...She uttered with fake tears, hugging her tightly.

"Koun ho tum?"...Nivedita asked confusedly, pushing her away.

"Aapki asli bahu...Aarush ki maa"...Renee replied with fake tears.

Nivedita got angry as she heard her.

"Bakwas band karo!...Aur nikal jao yahan se!"...She yelled angrily, signalling her to leave the house.

Renee started sobbing fakely as she heard her.

"Tumne suna nahin maine kya kaha!...Nikal jao!"...Nivedita yelled at the top of her voice in anger.

Kavin put his right arm around her shoulders and side-hugged her.

"Aunty...Shaant ho jaaiye"...He said softly.

Then, he turned his gaze from her and looked at Renee.

"Tum yahan kyun aayi ho?"...He asked angrily.

"Apne bachche ke liye"...Renee replied with fake tears.

Kavin: Aaj se pehle kahan thi tum...Achanak aaj hi kyun...

He stopped speaking when Rama came there with Aarush in her arms. Renee went near her as she saw her and took Aarush from her. Nivedita saw that and became more angry. But she smiled sarcastically when Aarush started crying and pulling her hairs while being in her arms.

"Kaisi maa ho tum!...Tumhara bachcha tumhari hi god mein ro raha hai!"...She remarked with a sarcastic smile in anger.

Renee looked at her anxiously. Nivedita took Aarush from her and signalled her to leave. Renee sighed and walked outside the house before glancing at her and Kavin. Meanwhile Dr. Salunkhe came out of Dipankar's room. He saw Renee walking outside the house.

"Ye ladki!...Ye ladki yahan kyun aayi thi?"...He asked Nivedita and Kavin.

"Uncle isi ne to is ghar ki bahu hone ka daawa kiya hai"...Kavin replied, looking at him.

Then, he looked at Nivedita when he realised something.

Kavin: Aunty...Preeti...Mera matlab hai...

"Main jaanti hoon Kavin...Salunkhe bhaiya ne mujhe bata diya hai ki bahu Sachin ke saath bureau kyun gayi hai"...Nivedita said after interrupting him.

Kavin: Lekin aapko ye nahin pata ki...

"Salunkhe bhaiya...Aap us ladki ko kaise jaante hain?"...Nivedita asked Dr. Salunkhe after interrupting Kavin.

"Bhabhi wo ladki nihayati badtameez hai...Kuchh dinon pehle abortion ke liye mere hospital mein aayi thi aur maine use bahar nikal diya tha"...Dr. Salunkhe replied angrily.