Chapter 10

Next day, Kavin and Purvi went to see the girl selected by ACP Pradyuman for Kavin. Kavin was not at all interested in marriage but because of Purvi he agreed to see the girl selected by his father.

At the other side, the girl and her mother were talking about Kavin.

"Dekho beti...Theek se pesh aana...Kavin bahut achchha ladka hai"...The girl's mother said to the girl.

"Don't worry mammy!...Ladke achchhe bure sab ek se hote hain...Main unhe handle karna khoob jaanti hoon"...The girl said proudly, crossing her arms around her chest.

"Phir bhi bachpana nahin dikhana...Dekho wo log aa gaye"...The girl's mother said as she saw Kavin and Purvi entering inside the hotel.

She smiled and walked near them.

"Namaste aunty!"...Purvi greeted her with a smile, joining her palms.

"Namaste beta!"...The girl's mother uttered with a smile.

Purvi smiled and looked at Kavin.

"Ye hain Kavinji"...She introduced him to the girl's mother.

The girl's mother smiled at Kavin who was looking to the other in disinterest.

"Kavinji...Namaste kijiye na!"...Purvi mumbled, hitting him lightly on his right arm.

"Huh...Namaste jee"...Kavin uttered, bowing down in front of the girl's mother after joining his palms.

Purvi shook her head in disbelief.

"Haan...Khush raho beta...Aao"...The girl's mother said and took Kavin and Purvi to the girl.

The girl looked at Kavin and smiled stupidly.

"Ye hai meri beti Manisha...Pyaar se hum ise Manu kehte hain"...Her mother introduced her to Kavin and Purvi.

"Mammy!"...Manisha yelled, looking at her mother.

Her mother looked at Kavin and Purvi who were looking at each other.

"Dekhiye na mammy hamesha mera naam bigad kar isi tarah mujhe chidhaya karti hain...Ab main koi bachchi thodi hoon"...Manisha said annoyedly, looking at Kavin and Purvi.

Kavin and Purvi suppressed their smiles which appeared as they heard her.

"Relax beta!...Inse milo ye hain Mr. Kavin Sinha"...Manisha's mother said and introduced Kavin to her.

"Hi!"...Manisha said with a wide smile, looking at Kavin.

"Hi!"...Kavin replied in disinterest, making a face.

Purvi hit him lightly on his right hand and signalled him to behave properly as he looked at her. Kavin nodded unwillingly.

"Aur ye hain Mrs. Kartik Saxena"...Manisha's mother introduced Purvi to the girl.

"Hi!"...Manisha said to Purvi still looking at Kavin.

"Namaste"...Purvi greeted, joining her palms.

"Aap log khade kyun hain...Aaiye baithiye"...Manisha's mother said to Kavin and Purvi.

Purvi smiled and walked with her and Manisha.

"Aaiye baithiye na!"...Kavin said to Purvi, imitating Manisha's mother.

Purvi shook her head and sat on a chair as he dragged one for her. Kavin also sat on a chair beside her.

"Aap Mumbai pehli baar aayi hain?"...She asked Manisha's mother.

"Beta main to aksar aaya karti hoon...Manisha pehli baar aayi hai"...Manisha's mother replied.

"Pehli baar nahin doosri baar mammy...Jab chhoti si thi tab bhi to aayi thi"...Manisha said annoyedly.

"Haan...Lekin badi hone ke baad to pehli baar aayi hai"...Manisha's mother said to her.

Purvi looked at Kavin as he cleared his throat.

"Aapko kaise pata chala ki aapki beti badi ho gayi!"...Kavin joked and laughed at Manisha.

Purvi hit him on his elbow as she heard him.

"Jee?"...Manisha's mother uttered, looking at Kavin.

"Aap bade mazaakiya maloom hote hain"...Manisha said with a laughter, looking at Kavin.

"Jee haan...Kabhi kabhi mazaak kar liya karta hoon"...Kavin said with a silly laughter.

Meanwhile a waiter came to them for their orders. Kavin looked at him and then at Manisha's mother.

"Kya lengi aap?"...He asked her.

"Chai"...Manisha's mother replied with a smile.

"Aur aap?"...Kavin asked Purvi.

Purvi: Main bhi chai hi peeungi...Aur aap...

"Ahaan!...Inki pasand main batata hoon...Inke liye chocolate ice cream"...Kavin said and laughed as Purvi hit him lightly on his hand.

The waiter nodded and left.

"Oh great! Aapko meri pasand kaise maloom hui?"...Manisha asked Kavin.

"Aksar bachche aisi cheezein bahut pasand kiya karte hain"...Kavin said with a laughter, looking at her.

Purvi shook her head in disbelief and slapped her forehead.

"Oh naughty! Aap to abhi se mujhe chhedne lage"...Manisha said to Kavin, playing with her hairs.

"Ab tumhe nahin to aur kise chhedenge!"...Purvi said teasingly, looking at her.

Kavin smiled fakely and made a face as Manisha looked at him shyly.

"To main rishta pakka samjhoon?"...Manisha's mother asked Purvi, looking at Kavin.

Purvi looked at Kavin who nodded in no. Meanwhile the waiter returned back to them with their orders.

"Manu...Aa...Manishaji...Shuru kijiye na"...Kavin said to Manisha diverting her mother's question, as Purvi passed her the chocolate ice cream.

"Thank you"...Manisha uttered after taking the chocolate ice cream.

Purvi smiled at her and gave the tea cups to Kavin and Manisha's mother. Meanwhile some music hit her ears, she smiled and turned back to see the musicians and the dancer. Her eyes went wide and she sat frozen at her place as the dancer was none other than Renee.

"Preeti...Tum theek ho?"...Kavin asked as he noticed her worried face.

Purvi turned her gaze from Renee and looked at him anxiously.

"Jee main...Main...Main theek hoon"...She replied anxiously, rubbing her palms.

In the mean time, Renee came near her and pushed her deliberately. Purvi hissed as she felt a burning sensation at her hand because the hot tea fell over it and her saree. Kavin looked at her worriedly.

"Sorry!...Purvi!"...Renee uttered with an evil grin in a low voice but loud enough for Kavin to hear.

Kavin looked at Purvi in confusion with doleful eyes. Purvi walked off from there towards the washroom without saying a word to him. Renee also went behind her.

Purvi was busy cleaning the tea stain on her saree.

"Aanchal pe laga hua daag to paani se dhul jaayega...Lekin zindagi pe laga hua daag kaise dho sakogi Purvi"...Renee said to her as she entered inside the washroom.

Purvi ignored her and walked out of the washroom. Renee laughed evilly while looking at her retreating figure.

To be continued...