Chapter 16

Kavin was having lunch with Sonam after doing Dipankar's work.

"Bhaiya!"...Sonam called out in a small voice with tear brimmed eyes.

"Hmmm?"...Kavin uttered without looking up at her.

"I am sorry!"...Sonam mumbled and broke into tears.

Kavin looked up at her as he heard her crying voice. He immediately stood up from his chair and went near her. Sonam hugged him and started crying bitterly.

"I am sorry bhaiya...Mujhe aapse kal badtameezi nahin karni chahiye thi...Aur Preeti bhabhi ko bura bhala bhi nahin kehna chahiye tha...Sorry...Maine aapka dil dukhaya"...She said and sobbed, hugging him all the tight.

"Sshhh!...Chup ho jao Sonam...Rona band karo"...Kavin uttered softly, separating from her and wiping away her tears.

"Bhaiya...I am really sorry!"...Sonam uttered again in a teary voice.

Kavin hugged her warmly and caressed her head.

"I know!"...He uttered softly, patting her right cheek.

Sonam stopped sobbing and looked at him.

"Mujhe apni honewali bhabhi pasand hain"...She said softly, looking at him.

Kavin smiled winsomely after hearing her.

At the other side, Dipankar was walking here and there all tensed and angry. Meanwhile Purvi came near him.

"Papa"...She called out softly.

"Haan?"...Dipankar uttered, looking to the other side.

"Aapka khaana tayyar hai...Chaliye kha lijiye"...Purvi said softly.

"Mujhe bhookh nahin hai"...Dipankar said sternly.

"Kya baat hai papa?...Aapne subah bhi kuchh nahin khaaya"...Purvi said worriedly.

"Mann nahin hai"...Dipankar said sternly.

"Kuchh aur bana doon?"...Purvi asked.

"Nahin...Maine faisla kiya hai ki jab tak main zinda hoon apne liye kisi aur ko takleef na doon...Jao tum aaram karo"...Dipankar said sternly, looking at her.

"Ye aap kya keh rahe hain!...Aapki seva karne mein mujhe koi takleef nahin hoti...Khushi hoti hai...Aaiye"...Purvi said with a soft smile, holding his right arm.

Dipankar looked at her hands on his arm and then at her.

"Chaliye...Kuchh kha lijiye"...Purvi said softly, taking him to the dining table.

Dipankar sat on a chair as she dragged one for him. He looked at her with tear brimmed eyes.

"Please papa...Kha lijiye"...Purvi said softly, forwarding a morsel of food towards him.

Dipankar sighed and ate it. Meanwhile Kavin and Sonam came there. They smiled when they saw Purvi feeding Dipankar.

"Are waah uncle!...Bhabhi to aapko bachchon ki tarah khaana khila rahi hain!"...Sonam remarked in a chirpy voice.

Dipankar and Purvi looked at them. Kavin and Sonam came and sat with them on the dining table.

"Mujhe bhookh to nahin thi magar ye zabardasti khila rahi hain"...Dipankar said, looking at them.

Kavin and Sonam smiled while looking at Purvi who was looking at Dipankar.

"Uncle aapke insurance ke documents aa gaye hain...Unhone ek naya form diya hai, ispar aapko sign karna hoga"...Kavin said to Dipankar.