Chapter 8

Some days later...

Purvi was playing with Aarush and Rama in the garden of their house. Rama had blindfolded her as they were playing the blindfold game.

"Aaru...Aaru kahan ho tum?...Aaru...Aaru...Kahan ho tum?"...Purvi uttered while giggling and moving her hands around to find Aarush.

"Aaru bolo - mammy main idhar hoon...Achchha chalo bhaago bhaago"...Rama said while laughing and supporting Aarush to run.

Aarush giggled in his babyish voice and ran with her support. Purvi laughed fondly as she heard his sweet giggles.

"Aaru...Aaru...Aaru kahan ho tum!"...She mumbled while laughing fondly.

"Aaru...Bhaago bhaago...Mammy aayi...Mammy aayi"...Rama uttered while looking at Aarush who was giggling sweetly while looking at Purvi.

Purvi smiled fondly and walked in the direction of their voices. In the mean time, Kavin came there, he smiled as he saw Purvi laughing and playing.

"Hey!...Pakad liya!...Pakad liya!"...Purvi exclaimed and giggled as she held Kavin.

She removed her blindfold when Rama and Aarush laughed at her. She lowered her gaze as she saw Kavin who was looking at her only while smiling.

"Yakeen nahin hota!"...Kavin uttered while smiling.

Purvi looked up at him in confusion.

"Yahi ki aapko hasna khelna bhi aata hai"...Kavin said further while smiling.

"Aarush ne zid ki isliye khelna pada...Kuchh pal ke liye sab kuchh bhool gayi is paagalpan mein"...Purvi said and chuckled sadly.

"Paagalpan?...Paagalpan nahin khushi!...Aur khushi to mann ki tarang hoti hai, use koi rokna chahe to bhi nahin rok sakta"...Kavin said with a charming smile.

"Kavinji...In sab baaton se mann ko behlaya jaa sakta hai...Samjhaya nahin jaa sakta"...Purvi said with a sad smile and walked away from him when she heard Aarush's crying voice.

She picked up Aarush in her arms and walked towards the house with Rama before looking back at him. Kavin just stood there silently, staring at her retreating figure.

"Are Kavin beta!...Tum kab aaye?"...Dipankar asked with a smile as he came out of his car with Nivedita.

Kavin looked at them and smiled.

"Waah uncle!...Shukar hai aap ghar se bahar to nikle"...He said with a smile and walked near them.

"Beta main zabardasti vakeel sahab ke yahan le gayi thi...Salunkhe bhaiya ne kaha hai thoda ghoomna phirna shuru karein"...Nivedita told Kavin and smiled while looking at Dipankar.

"Haan haan...Waise bhi unke ilaaj se kaafi achchhe maloom hote hain"...Kavin said and looked at Dipankar while smiling.

"Unke ilaaj se?...Are kaho bahu ki seva se!"...Dipankar exclaimed with a placid smile while thinking about Purvi.

"Aap theek keh rahe hain...Unke aur Aarush ke yahan aane se ghar mein kaafi raunak si aa gayi hai...Bahaar si chhaa gayi hai"...Kavin said with a warm smile while thinking about Purvi.

Dipankar and Nivedita smiled placidly as they heard him.

"Apna batao Kavin...Kaise aana hua?...Kya haal hai?"...Dipankar asked with a smile while keeping his left hand on his shoulder.

"Haal to first class hai uncle...Darasal main aap logon ko invite karne aaya tha"...Kavin replied.

"Kisliye?"...Dipankar asked.

"Kal mere farmhouse par ek chhoti si party hai...Maine abhi abhi CID join ki hai isliye...Main chahta hoon, party mein aap log bhi aayein"...Kavin replied with a smile.

"Congratulations Kavin!"...Dipankar uttered with a pleasant smile.

"Bhagwan kare tum aise hi tarakki karte raho beta"...Nivedita said while caressing his head.

Kavin smiled.

"Lekin tum to jaante ho, hum log kisi party mein nahin jaate"...Nivedita said sadly.

"Aap mein se koi nahin aayega to meri party adhoori si reh jaayegi"...Kavin said sadly.

"Tum ek kaam karo...Bahu se kaho...Agar wo raazi ho jaaye to humein koi aitraaz nahin hai"...Dipankar said with a smile while patting his back.

"Lekin wo to ghar se bahar nikalti hi nahin...Maine kitni baar kaha aas-pados mein hi ho aana, par sunti nahin"...Nivedita told them.

"Inki nahin sunti...Tum kehkar dekho, shayad tumhari baat maan jaaye"...Dipankar said to Kavin while patting his back.

"Haan haan...Harz hi kya hai...Achchha hai chali jaaye...Uska mann bhi behal jaayega"...Nivedita said with a smile.

"Phir to main poori poori koshish karoonga"...Kavin said with a charming smile and walked inside the house.

Dipankar and Nivedita smiled at him.

"Nivedita...Tum bhi ek baar bahu se kehna...Haan!"...Dipankar said while sitting with her in the garden.

Nivedita smiled and nodded. On the other hand, Kavin went to Purvi's room.

"Kya main andar aa sakta hoon?"...He asked, knocking over the door of the room.

Purvi who was making Aarush asleep looked at the doorstep.

"Aap!...Aaiye na!"...She said with a smile, patting Aarush's back.

Kavin smiled and walked inside the room.

"Maine aapko disturb to nahin kiya?"...Kavin asked, looking at Aarush who was in her arms.

"Nahin to...Baithiye"...Purvi said with a smile.

Kavin smiled and sat on the bed facing her.

"Uncle aur aunty aapki shikayat kar rahe the"...He said, looking at her.

"Meri shikayat!...Kya galati hui mujhse?"...Purvi asked anxiously, rubbing her palms.

"Keh rahe the aap har waqt ghar ki chaar diwari mein band rehti hain...Aas-pados mein bhi nahin jaati"...Kavin said, moving a little close to her.

"Kuchh aadat si pad gayi hai...Kahin jaane ko mann hi nahin karta"...Purvi said sadly, looking at him.

"Agar koi pyaar se bulaye ya invite kare to?"...Kavin asked with a nervous smile.

"To main haath jodkar maafi maang loongi"...Purvi replied with a soft smile, joining her palms in front of him.

Kavin got sad as he heard her reply.

"Waise aap ye kyun puchh rahe hain?"...Purvi asked him in confusion.

"Wo kal maine apne farmhouse par ek chhoti si party di hai...Socha tha...Aapse puchhoonga...Aap chalne se inkar nahin karengi"...Kavin replied with a small smile.

"Dekhiye...Party mein to jaane ka sawal hi nahin paida hota mere liye"...Purvi said.

"Khair koi khaas baat nahin hai...Kuchh dost aayenge, kuchh officers aayenge...Waise uncle aur aunty ne ijaazat de di hai...Aap raazi ho to unhe koi aitraaz nahin"...Kavin said with a smile.

"Unhone shayad socha nahin hoga...Ki log kya kahenge"...Purvi said, looking at him.

"Oh!...Maine samjha main aapko mana loonga...Lekin agar logon ka kehna aapke liye apnon se jyada hai, to main faisla aap pe chhodta hoon...Namaste"...Kavin said and stood up to leave.

Purvi saw him leaving and got sad as she broke his heart.

"Suniye"...She said, looking at his back.

Kavin turned back and looked at her.

"Jee?"...He uttered.

"Mere liye apnon se badhkar kuchh nahin hai"...Purvi said and lowered her gaze.

Kavin smiled pleasantly and walked outside the room as he got his reply.

To be continued...