Chapter 24

Dedicated to _AmishaMishra_

Kavin entered inside the bureau. He saw Purvi sobbing silently while sitting beside Pankaj and Shreya who were trying to console her.

"Purvi...Rona band karo...Main jaanta hoon tumne kuchh galat nahin kiya hai"...Pankaj said softly, patting her back.

Purvi continued sobbing without uttering a word.

Shreya: Hmmm...Sab theek ho jaayega...Tum bas...

She stopped speaking when her gaze fell on Kavin who was looking at them. Pankaj followed her gaze and he too looked at Kavin. Kavin signalled both of them to leave. Pankaj and Shreya glanced at Purvi and then walked outside the bureau. Kavin went near Purvi as they left. Now, Kavin and Purvi were all alone in the bureau.

"Purvi..."...Kavin uttered softly.

Purvi looked up at him as she heard his voice. Kavin felt a pinch at his heart when he noticed her red and swollen eyes due to continuous crying.

"Aap!"...Purvi uttered with a bright smile, wiping away her tears.

Her smile faded and her eyes welled up with heavy tears again when she recalled everything. She sat back on her chair and turned to the other side.

"Kuchh kahogi nahin?"...Kavin asked softly, sitting beside her.

Purvi wiped away her tears and kept quiet.

"Baat bhi nahin karogi?"...Kavin asked again in a soft voice.

Purvi didn't respond. Her eyes brimmed up with tears again.

"Ye bhi nahin puchhogi ki main yahan kyun aaya hoon?"...Kavin asked softly.

Purvi didn't respond this time also.

"Mujhe tumhari chitthi mil gayi hai"...Kavin said to her.

Purvi turned back and looked at him in surprise.

"Asliyat maloom ho gayi hai"...Kavin said further, looking at her.

Purvi looked down in tears.

"Aur main tumse ye waada karne aaya hoon ki main tumhare sar par lage hue sabhi ilzaamon ko jhootha saabit karke rahoonga"...Kavin said softly.

Purvi looked up at him with eyes full of tears (She was charged with fraud and attempt of murder).

Purvi: Bahut der ho gayi hai Kavinji...Ab meri zindagi mein kuchh nahin bacha...Main jhoothi hoon, kalankini hoon, dhokhebaaz hoon...Mujhse ab nahin saha jaata...Main mar jaana chahti hoon...Mar jaana chahti hoon"...She uttered and started sobbing bitterly.

"Apne liye to tum pehle bhi zinda nahin thi...Mar mar ke jeeti rahi doosron ke liye...Ab tumhe jeena hai...Apne liye...Sirf apne liye"...Kavin said softly, keeping his right hand on her shoulder.

Purvi stopped sobbing as she felt his hand on her shoulder. She looked at his hand and then at him. Kavin removed his hand from her shoulder and walked outside the bureau before glancing at her for a fraction of seconds. Purvi looked at his retreating figure with tear brimmed eyes.

It was late night. Suhas and Renee were coming back to their house after meeting their lawyer.

"Kya laga tumhe vakeel sahab ki baaton se?"...Renee asked him as they walked together upto the doorstep.

"Lagna kya hai!...Ab to bahut jald saari daulat apne kadmon mein hogi!"...Suhas said with a wide grin.

Renee smiled brightly and opened the door of their house. As soon as she entered inside the house with Suhas her gaze fell on Kavin who was sitting on a sofa with his legs on a table and hands crossed behind his head. Suhas too looked at him.