Chapter 7

Next day, it was early morning. Dipankar was playing with Aarush. Meanwhile Purvi came there with his breakfast.

"Papa...Aapka nashta laayi hoon"...She said while keeping the plate of food on the dining table.

"Are bahu...Tumne kyun takleef ki...Rama kahan hai?"...Dipankar said while walking towards her with Aarush in his arms.

He sat on a chair and smiled while looking at the dishes she had made.

"Maa bata rahi thi aapko Rama ke haath ka khaana pasand nahin hai...Isliye maine saari cheezein khud hi banayi hain...Khaakar dekhiye, shayad aapko pasand aa jaaye"...Purvi said while taking Aarush from him.

"Pasand aa jaaye?...Are bahut pasand aayi!"...Dipankar said with a smile after eating a morsel of food.

Purvi smiled contentedly as she heard him.

"Are bhai Dipankar!...Dheere dheere khao...Tum to aise kha rahe ho maano chaar din ke bhookhe ho"...Someone said while laughing as he entered inside the house.

Dipankar and Purvi looked in the direction of the voice. Meanwhile Nivedita also came there after completing her worship.

"Salunkhe...Badi lambi umar paayi hai tumne...Abhi abhi main tumhare baare mein hi soch raha tha"...Dipankar said with a smile while looking at Dr. Salunkhe.

Dr. Salunkhe laughed and walked near him.

"Baithiye na bhaiya"...Nivedita said with a smile while looking at him.

"Haan bhabhi...Kal maine suna bahu aur Aarush aaye hain, to socha chalo mil loon"...Dr. Salunkhe said with a smile after sitting on a chair.

"Kyun nahin...Ye hai meri bahu...Preeti"...Dipankar said with a smile while looking at Purvi.

Purvi walked near Dr. Salunkhe and touched his feet. Dr. Salunkhe smiled and blessed her.

"Hmmm...Aur ye hai tumhara pota...Aarush"...He said joyfully while taking Aarush from Purvi.

Dipankar looked at Purvi.

"Bahu...Ye Salunkhe hain...Hamare family doctor...Doctor kam dost jyada!"...He said and laughed heartily.

Dr. Salunkhe laughed and he too looked at Purvi.

"Bhai Dipankar...Sach much bahut sundar bahu hai tumhari"...He said and smiled warmly.

Purvi smiled lightly and looked down.

"Aye doctor...Nazar mat lagao meri bahu ko...Aur dekho...Aaj mera blood pressure dekhne ke bajaaye apna dekho...Kyunki ab to maine sochna bhi band kar diya hai ki main bimar hoon"...Dipankar said with a hearty laughter.

"Ye to bahut khushi ki baat hai...Achchha dekho...Ye dawaiyan mangwa lena"...Dr. Salunkhe said while forwarding a list of medicines towards him.

"Are chhodo doctor...Ab mujhe dawaiyon ki kya zaroorat hai"...Dipankar said while giving the list of medicines back to him.

Dr. Salunkhe shook his head in disbelief and slapped his forehead.

"Doctor uncle...Aap chinta mat kijiye...Aaj se papa ki saari zimmedaariyan mujhpe hain...Aap mujhe dawaiyon ki list de dijiye...Main le aaungi"...Purvi said while looking at him.

Dipankar and Nivedita smiled placidly as they heard her. Dr. Salunkhe smiled too and gave the list of medicines to her.

Purvi had her breakfast and left for a nearby general store to buy the medicines. Kavin has also come there with his colleague Pankaj.

"Pankaj ye bottles pack karwa do...Aur agar koi naya brand aaya hai to wo bhi pack karwa dena"...He said to Pankaj while giving him three bottles of whiskey.

Pankaj nodded unwillingly and went to give the whiskey bottles to the store assistant for packing. Meanwhile Purvi stepped inside the general store.

"Aaiye aaiye madam...Kya chahiye aapko?"...The store owner asked as he saw her in his store.

Kavin looked back and he too saw Purvi.

"Aap!"...He uttered with a smile.

Purvi looked at him as she heard his voice.

"Namaste"...She greeted him with a sweet smile while joining her palms.

"Namaste...Aap yahan kaise?"...Kavin asked after walking near her.

"Main papa ki dawaiyan lene aayi thi"...Purvi replied while forwarding the list of medicines towards the store owner.

The store owner took the list from her and went to bring the medicines.

"Waise aap yahan kaise aaye?"...Purvi asked after looking at Kavin again.

Meanwhile Pankaj came back to Kavin after giving the whiskey bottles to the store assistant for packing.

Kavin: Main...

"Are Purvi tum!"...Pankaj exclaimed in surprise as his gaze fell on Purvi.

Purvi stood frozen at her place as she heard him. Kavin looked at Pankaj and then at Purvi in surprise.

"Jee!...Purvi?...Purvi mujhse kaha aapne?"...Purvi asked anxiously while fidgeting with the core of her plain white saree.

"Haan haan!...Tumne mujhe pehchaana nahin...Are main...Main...Main Pankaj...Pankaj Shukla...Are Delhi University mein saath saath to padhte the...B.A. final mein..."...Pankaj said excitedly as he was too happy to see her again after almost five years.

"Jee...Jee main..."...Purvi uttered anxiously and looked at Kavin who was already looking at her.

Kavin turned his gaze from her and looked at Pankaj.

"Pankaj...Tum apne chashme ka number badal do"...He said after tapping his shoulder.

Pankaj looked at him while adjusting his spectacles.

"Ye Preetiji hain...Dipankar uncle ki bahu...Kartik ki patni"...Kavin said to him while looking at Purvi.

"Lekin ye kaise ho sakta hai...Wahi chehra...Wahi rang roop...Wahi aawaz..."...Pankaj uttered surprisingly while looking at Purvi.

"Is tarah hairat mein padne ki koi zaroorat nahin hai...Tumhe galatfahmi ho rahi hai...Kabhi kabhi ek si shakal do insaano ki bhi to ho sakti hai"...Kavin said to him, still looking at Purvi.

"Hain?...Haan!...Ho to sakti hai sir"...Pankaj said to him, still looking at Purvi.

Meanwhile the store owner returned back to Purvi with the medicines.

"Thank you!"...Purvi uttered after taking the medicines and paying him his money.

Then, she looked at Kavin who was already looking at her.

"Zara suniye"...She said softly while signalling him to come with her to a corner.

Kavin looked at Pankaj and then went with her.

"Ek baat puchhna chahti hoon"...Purvi uttered while looking at him.

"Puchhiye"...Kavin said with a charming smile after meeting her gaze.

"Jeevan ki shaanti aur mann ke santosh ke liye, kya insan ko jhoothe saharon ki zaroorat padti hai?"...Purvi asked politely.

"Main...Main aapka matlab nahin samjha"...Kavin said while looking down and ruffling his hairs.

"Duniya mein har aadmi dukhi hai. Agar sharab dukhon ko mita sakti, to har aadmi sharabi ban jaata"...Purvi said softly while looking at him.

Kavin looked up at her as her words hit his ears.

"Namaste"...Purvi uttered before walking out of the general store.

Meanwhile Pankaj came near Kavin.

"Kavin sir...Ye rahi aapki whiskey!"...He said while forwarding the packed whiskey bottles towards him.

"Whiskey cancel!"...Kavin uttered and walked outside the general store.

"Cancel!"...Pankaj uttered happily and gave the whiskey bottles back to the store owner.

After that, he too walked outside the general store and went behind Kavin.

To be continued...