The War of Colours

Tuesday 9:30am
Yesterday, I gave the drone back to Jay along with the other items that Alex had given me for the map. I hadn't seen Jay today but that didn't matter since I was adoring my new art materials that I had bought yesterday.

I was in the last class before break and the rumors of the certain 'Mei' hadn't died down since yesterday. Earlier, I saw Emma frantically complaining to Jessica about it when I passed them in the school garden. As if she was scared of her, or what she might do.
Carol's warning started to get to me.

The bell rang for break time and I hurried downstairs because I had skipped breakfast while trying to scientifically upgrade my art materials. How? You may ask...

So you know when you paint, the paint on your paint brush goes dry. Well instead of giving myself the stress of dipping it into water, I had drilled a hole into the paintbrush, inserting a tube with water in it and blah blah...science science.
In conclusion, all I gotta do is press a little button on the side of my paintbrush, and water from the tube re-wets the brush.
How to refill it?
Don't ask me.

At the cafeteria, I saw more new faces. Isat down with Carol and Nicki. We ordered our food. But I noticed they weren't talking to me.
"Is everything alright? Why you guys so quite today?" I asked them.

Nicki gave Carol a confused glance and finally dropped her phone. She had been connected to our wifi since yesterday. Instead of 4 connections: me, mom, dad and Sam, I saw 5.

Carol swallowed down.
"So you don't know what's going on?" Carol asked me,surprised.

"No? Did I do something wrong?" I asked.

"No you didn't but umm..." Nicki said.
"How do I say this?" She said thinking.

Carol sighed. "Look, we can't say it here. At the restroom."

Jessica, Emma and Zoe passed our table giving us disgusted looks.
What the heck is going on?

••••••••••••••••

Tuesday 12:42pm
"We saw it on the school's blog this morning. On Jessica's page." Nicki explained.

"I thought you downloaded the app" Carol said.

" I did." I said. I started to search for her name frantically on my phone but it didn't show up.

" Her username isn't showing up. "

" It's Queen Bee by the way. And search in the students forum, not public. " Nicki said.

I rolled my eyes and browsed it again in the students forum. It showed and I clicked on her profile page. I didn't have to search for anything suspicious because I had seen the last video posted that had me in it, with my back turned to the camera.
I looked at them both and clicked on the video.
It was a whole 5 minute video of me staring at Leo. Especially the part with his shirt off.
I felt my cheeks go hot seeing that scene again.
I had forgotten all about that.
I saw the caption: Queen Bee: First Love.... Aw. I can't wait to see where this leads.

I bit my lower lip and rubbed my temples.
Everything started to now make sense. The way seniors payed attention to me today. Especially the girls.
I finally faced them.
"Is this why you guys didn't want to talk to me. I know it's embarrassing-"

"No! Look Holly, we're not angry or anything. We just didn't want to mention it because we thought you already knew. " Carol said quickly.