The Truth

Saturday 10:57pm
So.
It turns out that Carol had Nyctophobia.
It's the fear of the dark.
What. A. Shocker.

It was pretty obvious that she had fainted and we were panicking. Well, Kelly and Nicki were panicking like crazy. I, on the other hand, knew how to wake Carol up.

I had ordered Nicki to raise Carol's legs at least up to 30 centimeters off the floor while Kelly fans her, while keeping a distance.

After a while, Carol's eyes moved and we all breathed a sigh of relief when her breathing normalized. We got a pillow under her head and let her rest for a while.
She was still on the floor when Nicki and Kelly had the idea of rebuilding the pillow fortress again.
I held Carol's hand when she began to respond.
"I was so scared..." She kept muttering.

"I know, were sorry..." I kept saying.

"I was so shocked..."

"I know, it's all over now..."

Kelly had no idea that Carol had Nyctophobia. She defended that with someone that acquired Carol's personality, you wouldn't think they were afraid of the dark.

But Nicki did. She knew.
But she had forgotten since it had been years ago that Carol informed her.
"By the way," I said still patting Carol's hand. "about what you said earlier, it was a dare?"

"Oh!" Nicki remembered as she took a pink pillow and placed it on the pillow fortress. "We were playing Truth or Dare-"

I gasped. "Omg! Really, I had thought of the exact same thing on my way here! Hold on."

I went to the other side of the room, searching my suitcase. I brought out a device, it's shape in resemblance to a cloth iron but with a hand print on top instead of a handle. On the front side was a green and red button.

It was a lie detector device.

I came back and we all sat in a circle around Carol.
"It's a lie detector. We're gonna use it to play truth or dare. Obviously, for truths..." I said mischievously.

So back-up story: How did the lie detector came to be?
I had invented it when my rich friends of years ago always lied during truth or dare in sleepovers and I was sick of it. When I tried it out, it all beeped red for everyone. Meaning, all they said we're lying; meaning they had boyfriends, they had stolen people's boyfriends and many boyfriend-ish lies more.

"You're kidding! It actually works?" Kelly said.

"I thought they only had that in movies." Nicki dazed at it in wonder. "How does it work!?" She shrieked excitedly.

"Well, all you have to do is place your hand on the hand print and I'll turn the device on. You tell a lie, the red button lights up. The truth, the green button lights up." I explained.

Kelly didn't trust me and went ahead for it.
"I kissed Henry in the homecoming party last year." She said confidently.

The green button lit up.
The silence that followed, was deadly.
I'm sorry, Henry??
The mean guy who told me off while he was shamelessly flirting with Jessica in an empty homeroom?

Henry Nelson.
Blonde, tall and handsome pro basketball player of Able Brighton College.
How did we meet?
At first, he flirted with me-just like how other boys had done in school, who I had reported them all to Leo... (that's why most people believed Leo was my boyfriend) ...but I flatly rejected him. The proud dog never forgot the rejection and took it as an insult. He decide to be mean to me for the rest of his life as punishment.
Meaning: shoving me in the halls into walls and lockers, dragging my pigtails in class to distract me, and flirting with Jessica to make ME jealous.
The atrocities of that guy.