The Apology

Friday 12:00pm
Alex was getting suspended for 3 days.
I'm fixing his drone.
Emma gets what she deserves.

But I wasn't satisfied. Something wasn't done yet.

As I had planned, all three of us sat at the table in the middle of the cafeteria. Everyone now knew we were around. That's what I wanted. I didn't want to eat anything till I delivered my message, till everyone had filled the cafeteria.
People gave glances, people talked louder.
"This is the right time. Go for it Holly." Carol said determinedly.

"Don't get hiccups." Nicki said.

I nodded. I did a silent prayer to God in my mind as I confidently stood up and stepped on the table, standing in full pride. With a megaphone in my hand, I called out to everyone's attention.
"ATTENTION EVERYONE... PLEASE I NEED ALL EYES ON ME"
The chattering, the collision of plates and cutlery, the laughing and footsteps stopped. All eyes looked at me, expecting me to say something.

••••••••••••••••••

Friday 12:11pm.
Even the caterers and cooks were looking at me. I lowered the megaphone to my side. The place was dead silent so my voice was enough.
"I know a lot of rumors about me has been going on in this school. If it says I had a fight with Alex, it's true. If it says I didn't want to fix his drone, it is true. If it says that I slapped him and I got slapped back, that is also true. "

I paused.
"They're all true, but the rumors, of me breaking Alex's drone, of me assaulting Emma and of me dating a senior are all false. But I'm not here to defend myself."

I turned back to the table, further north where Alex sat facing me, along with Jay, Daniel and others.
"I'm here to do something I should've done from the beginning. And that is accepting responsibility for my mistakes. Alex you were right from the beginning, your drone was in my responsibility and I let you down by not only letting it get damaged under my watch, but not being sorry for it."

Alex folded his arms still maintaining eye contact.
" I'm sorry Alex. For making you go through all that stress." I sighed. "I hope you can find somewhere in your heart to forgive me."

"Oh and Jessica,...." I looked to her table, one table away from Alex's. Jessica raised an eyebrow with a bold frown on her face.
".... choke on cement." I said in a mocking voice.

I stepped down without seeing her reaction and soon enough, an applause formed for me. It wasn't loud but I was happy I had done it.
"Ohhhh... you did it girl!" Nicki squealed as she threw her hands over my neck, hugging me.

"That was awesome Holly." Carol said smiling. I smiled back at her.
I caught a small smirk on Alex's lips before it faded.

We're good.

••••••••••••••••••••

Friday 1:07pm
Lunch went well after that. A few people that passed apologized and congratulated me on the bold step I took. Jo joined us.
I found out a lot about my friends.
Jo's a vegetarian. He loves animals mostly dogs and pandas.
Carol loves to write, taking the skill from her dad who turns out to be one of the greatest writers. My mom reads his books.
Nicki was dreaming to open a fashion boutique and her dad was a rich lawyer who knew how to do his job, wining over 50 cases in his lifetime. Nicki wanted to be a lawyer just like him, but she changed her mind.
Soon Daniel dropped in taking a seat near Nicki. They smiled at each other for a while.
I found out Daniel's dad was a medical doctor. A cardiologist in fact.
It shocked me.
Really.

••••••••••••••••••

Friday 1:30pm
There was a free period for me, since the Math teacher didn't come to school today. So I used that chance to take a look at Alex's drone. It was damaged badly, but there was still hope. The wires hadn't cut neither were there important parts missing. Thank God it was still intact.
I turned it around gently looking at it from all sides. Jay came in.
"Hey." I said.

"You did a lot back there. I'm proud of you" He said.

"You sound like my mom when I successfully don't eat the cream filling for cake" I joked.

He laughed.
"But seriously. You tried back there. If it makes you feel better, Alex has forgiven you."

"Really?" I gasped.

"Yep!" Jay sat on his chair. "He won't tell you now neither should you be expecting it. He is proud. But, as I see things from now, people will begin to put all that happened yesterday into the past."

I smiled. " Thank you Jay."

" Any time" Jay said. He smiled back at me.

We made small talk.
"The drone looks pretty damaged though. Are you sure you'll be able to fix it? You know, it's okay to buy a new one." Jay said

I put the drone carefully into the cardboard box, closing it back with the lid.
"No I'm going to fix it. In case you don't know, I am a daughter of a scientist." I smirked proud of my heritage.

"Wow I never knew that!" Alex said shocked.

"Wait, you didn't?"
Jay stood up and walked to me. " Nope! No wonder you had so much confidence back there."

" Well now you know!" I gave a thumbs up.

"Jay? Is Jay here? Oh there you are!" Ace said entering. We turned to him.
"What's up man?" Jay asked.

"Alex. He's calling ya."

"Is Daniel there?"

"Arguing with his girlfriend. Or girlfriend arguing with him." 

Jay sighed.
"Again?" I asked not really concerned.

Ace nodded. Jay and Ace left the class leaving me alone in the homeroom again.
Today was Friday so school was closing by 2:00pm not 3:00pm.
I smiled.
I'm 30 minutes away from home.

Words: 1009
Thanks for reading and what did you think of this chapter?