The First Contact

Friday 10:20pm
I was puzzled and this guy's presence didn't make me feel comfortable.
"What do you mean?" I asked.

He looked down at my feet. I did the same and hissed at my own stupidity. There was a row of tissue paper stuck to my sock. He watched as I bent down to remove it and throw it away into the bin next to the restroom.

"Thank you. That'll have been embarrassing." I said, my face hot from embarrassment.

He shrugged. "Meh. It's alright."

"Okay. Goodbye." I said going away.

"Hey, but I didn't even get your name girl." He said with a smirk.

I sighed. "Why's that important? I have never seen you before in my life. Are you in Able Brighton College perhaps?"

He put his hand on his chin. "No." he replied. "But does that stop me from knowing you?"

"Yes it does." A male voice said.

We both looked back to see Leo. His relaxed emotionless expression went into an annoyed one when he saw the orange haired guy.
"Leo. Hey." The guy said.

"What are you doing here Harry?"

"It's Grayson's party. Everyone's invited? Duh!" He said matter of factly.

Leo walked towards us.
"Leo, you know him?" I asked.

"My neighbor." Leo said.

The guy looked surprised as he touched his chest, as if he was hurt.
"Leave." Leo ordered.

"Didn't you see I was just talking to-"

Leo sent him a warning glare and the certain 'Harry' sighed in frustration and walked towards the ending of the hallway.
He winked at me flirtatiously before going downstairs. I rolled my eyes.
"I hope he wasn't being a bother. I don't know how he always follows me to places." Leo asked smiling boyishly at me.

His smile was contagious.
"Well not really. I guess you guys are pretty close neighbors."
He nodded.
"So you came. That's good." I said.

"Yeah. Seniors were invited. Grayson's honor." He said.

We started at each other. God, the awkwardness was emerging.

"Want to go to the balcony? Grayson and Mason have this huge waterfall at the back of thier land just after their fence." He said.

"A waterfall? You're joking right? How's that even possible?" I said laughing.
It was unbelievable.

Leo offered me his open palm. "Want to be proved wrong?" He asked with a challenging look.

I looked at his palm.

He hadn't dragged my hand like Percy did.
He asked for it...how gentleman-like.
I took it and he squeezed unto mine gently. His palms were so soft and smooth.

GOSH!

We both walked in silence as he lead me into one of the rooms, the party music blurring as we did. My heart was beating fast as we went further to the glass double doors that lead to a balcony.
As he opened them, the sudden rush of cold wind hit my body.
I forgot that outside was cold.

We both leaned on the barricades and there we saw it. Just beyond the wooden fence was a huge pool of water beneath beautiful grey and black rocks adored with natural flowers and vines, it's bank being a grassy land.
The fence lights were able to show it.
It was beautiful.
"Leo you weren't kidding! It looks so pretty!" I said still staring.