The Permission

Thursday 5:23pm
My hair was okay now. I wore a beanie.
Everyone was now talking about the party and Mei.
It was the big talk now.
After school, Nicki, Carol and I went to the mall to get what we'll wear to the party.
I saw Emma at the clothes store we went to.
We both wanted a pair of sneakers that came from one of the lost popular fashion lines.
(A long story)

And we saw Jessica, who was booking a pedicure and manicure. Nicki got the best manicurist which made Jessica argue with her. The receptionist had to separate them before a fight started.
(An even longer story)

No Zoe.

That made me angry but I just came back from shopping. And anger after shopping ain't right for me. So when I got home, I collapsed on the sofa aiming to watch my favorite TV drama series:
Children of the Hills.
It's about these teenagers who try to survive a dangerous forest while going through drama, tears, long nights of nightmares, betrayal and a whole lot of wild animal attacks.
It's like the Hunger Games movie in comparison. I grabbed the remote to turn the TV on, when dad came out of the elevator.
"Oh hey dad! Where have you been?" I said looking back to the kitchen.

"Hey dear. Been busy." He said as he opened the fridge. He gulped down a glass bottle of milk and gave a satisfied,  "Aaahhh." 

He jammed the empty glass on the counter and that's when I saw dark circles under his eyes, looking like he hadn't slept for days.
"I feel like I'm going to sleep forever." He said.

There it is.

After two more bottles of milk, he pulled off and threw his lab coat to the ground and collapsed on the dining chair. He closed his eyes and sighed heavily.
"Holly where's your mother?"

I thought he knew that since mom sang where she was going to.
"At the Sparks Corp Pharmacy." I replied.

"When's she coming back?"

"I dunno." I shrugged.

My dad grunted. He finally opened his eyes.
"Don't you have somewhere to be? With Claudia or something?"  My dad said yawning loudly. He could fall out of the chair and sleep on the floor at any minute.

"Dad, Claudia's in England...." I raised an eyebrow. "... a year ago."
How could he not know that?

"Ohhh, ohh yeah" He groaned "I forgot about that. You should get ready for home lesson. Mrs Rina would be here soon."

What... in.. the.. sandwich?
Homeschool was last 2 months!
I suspected something was wrong as I stood up to check on him.
As I got closer, the idea of asking him permission to go to Grayson's party kept fading.
"Dad, are you okay?" I asked, worried.

I touched his forehead and it was hot!
"It's okay just a little radiation... hehehe" He slurpily chuckled.

He looked drunk... scientifically drunk.

And I'm sorry... did he say radiation??!
I had no idea what to do so I called Sam.
"It's just a radiation that accidentally happened in the lab. It messed with dad's memory a little."

"Like he went back in time?" I said.

"Yeah exactly like that. This morning, he congratulated me on my Winner of The Spelling Bee award that I got... last year. " Sam said.