The Dons wife (2 and 3)

Fiona

I couldn't stop crying. Giovanna stroked my hair as my head lay in her lap. She is the oldest sibling and married to Fabiano Ferrari the oldest son of Marcos Ferrari and future capo dei capi, only two years older than Viviana who married an older man.

I reflected back on what father said, there where millions of other girls who would kill to marry Luca Russo.

My sister is pregnant again, married for only five years with three children, two boys and a girl, she is more lucky, mama never bore a male child and she suffers daily for it.

I looked at Giovanna's eyes, it held pity, she didn't want me to have the kind of life she has, a looked at her closely and found a bruise on her cheeks, her husband hit her frequently but she was still better off then Viviana.

Viviana hadn't bore a child, and I wouldn't blame her, her husband looked like stuffed turkey on thanksgiving and he ate like a pig

I tried very hard not to resent mama for it. It wasn't her fault, and again it was, she brought me into this world.

But the door flung open to reveal Valentina my cousin, just last week father announced Valentina's betrothal to one of our soldiers who took a bullet for him, just last week I was consoling her and now she's consoling me.

Her father, my fathers younger and only brother died when she was given birth too, her mama was a whore but her father never got married.

"You could try to talk to your Father again. Maybe he'll change his mind. " Valentina said in a soft voice.

"He won't." I simply stated

"Maybe Mama will be able to convince him." Giovanna said this time

As if Father would ever let a woman make a decision for him, he never listens to mama anyways.

"Nothing anyone could say or do will make a difference," I said miserably.

I hadn't seen Mother since she'd sent me into Father's office. She probably couldn't face me, knowing what she'd condemned me to.

I wished I could just kill myself but I couldn't, I remember what Viviana said to me "in our world beauty is a curse." And it was true.

Father named me after his own mother Fiona, he said I looked just like her, but I never got to confirm that, she died long before my birth, she killed herself and all her pictures were hidden, almost like she never even existed.

I lifted my head and wiped the tears from my face. Giovanna stared at me with pitiful brown eyes, the same onyx brown eyes as mama's while Viviana had honey brown eyes and I had green.

But where my hair was light blond theirs were brown, with Viviana's being the lightest, they looked more like mama than I did.

"He shook hands on it with Lucas's father."

"They met?, since when has the clan and Atlanta became all buddy buddy?" Valentina asked

That's what I'd wondered as well. Why had he found time to meet with the head of the Italian Italian clan but not to tell me about his plans to sell me off like a whore, or a war prize.

"There has to be a way to stop this she can't marry Lucas." Valentina said and Giovanna gave her a long glare

"There isn't." Giovanna simply stated

Valentina is fifteen, her wedding is set once she turned sixteen, her husband couldn't wait and father didn't care just as he would have handed me over to Luca at fourteen.