XXI: Distract Yourself

I rambled over the phone, walking in the night and shivering despite wearing my coat over my sweatshirt

"Where are you right now?  I'll meet you there." I could hear the worry in his voice.

"I can handle myself, I'll just walk there."

"If you're staying over, are you okay with sleeping in the same room as Freddie and I?  We're gonna have to get up pretty early to get dressed in our costumes."

"Yeah.  But I swear if I wake up with a marker mustache on my face, one of you is going to school with 'Simp' in pink Sharpie marker on your forehead."  I heard Freddie in the background and then heard what seemed to be like Tommy's mom.  I then heard a door shut and then a whoosh of wind from Tommy's phone.

"You did not.." I whispered into the phone, in disbelief at what he's doing.

"I'll be there in about two minutes.  Stay on the phone, please," Tommy pleaded.

"Okay."

I kept walking and peered in the night for any sign of the tall boy.  Occasionally, I would look behind me to make sure I was safe.  Every few moments, Tommy would ask me where I was and kept telling me he would meet me soon.  My phone was cold against my ear as I walked.  I put it down and held the phone with my chin as I put my gray hood up.  I then put the cold phone against my ear again.

"Tommy?"

"Yeah?"

"How close are you?"

"Guess."

"How the bloody hell am I supposed to-" I looked up and saw Tommy standing across the crosswalk, phone up against his ear and Freddie by his side with a blanket in his arms.

"Hey," I heard from the other line.

"Hi," I whispered back. "So are you going to stand there or are you going to come over here and get warm?"  I tapped the red button and walked to the other side, Freddie giving me the blanket and Tommy hugging me.

"What were you thinking walking alone at night?"

"I wasn't really thinking...I just did it," I muttered.

"Come on.  My mum already made some tea for you.  Did you bring clothes?"  I nodded my head and we began to walk, Tommy keeping me close.  I was in the middle of the two boys, Freddie practically walking in the grass, as Tommy was on the side by the road.   

---

"Go sit on that couch, Y/N.  Tommy, take her things and put them down in your room.  I'll get the tea!"  I watched as Tommy's mum went and brought a cute little pale blue mug back to me, steam coming from it.  Freddie sat next to me and handed me another blanket as Tommy came back into the room.  He sat next to me on the couch, getting close.