deep green love (Part 2)

Chapter 3
"Boy I'm kicking his ass tomorrow" Amren spoke on the other side of her phone.
"Your doing no such thing  I don't want drama" I say chopping some onions.
"He can't just insult you like that"
" Well he did"I peeled off some leaves from the cabbage. Washed and started cutting it when Amren spoke.
"Why aren't you mad, he insulted you"
"So what ? I said things calmly. Also his not important to me like he use to be. If you insulted me like that then,yes I wouldn't be the way I am." I turned and heat up the pot.
" bruh, so what happened after?"
" Jade was with me when he insulted me,  and she gave Austin a peice of her mind. She also lied about her and me being together because Austin assumed we were together, blaming her to be the reason of our break up"  there were some good ripped tomatoes  out side so I picked up my phone and went outside.
"Damn missed very thing,"Amren continued
I plucked three big, juicy, ruby red tomatoes "but you came to class alone, Jade's class is two rooms after us."
"I'll put it plainly, we sort of had a moment and I had the urge to kiss her. But I was a wuss not being able to kiss her lips. So I kissed her cheek" I went back in and the pot  heated so next I added some oil.
"You kissed her? You fucking  kissed her!" She squealed, and I mean actual squealed.
" Yes I did Amren"
"You like her" I heard her voice over the onions that were sizzling in the pot. Until now I didn't think of Jade after class or what I felt for her.
" yeah I guess" was all I said before adding some of the chopped tomatoes.  A huge sizzling and vapours  were flying out, I turned the exhaust on.

" since when?I've been going on about this for a whole week and  you said nothing."

"Today, right there at the lockers. When she grabbed my shoulders frimley, and said how she couldn't bare me being insulted, thats when I fell for her, her words." Next the cabbage.
"Nelly are you sure, I mean like are you sure if she's right for you to date?"
" Amren I haven't thought about dating her, and maybe I do, maybe I want to date her." Then I added some spices.
"Look as long you're happy, but if she breaks you like Austin did I'm breaking her." I knew she meant it. That day after me and Austin broke up, she went up to him and punched him, his nose was bleeding. Kate and I took her away then later I  offered Austin to help him, he refused.
"I know, I doubt she would. Let a week pass,don't tell her." And with a few here and there, some salt my dinner was ready. Mum was resting from work.
" call you later, dinner time" I say wiping my hands on the kitchen towel.
"Kay, talk to you later" with that the phone call ended.
                                     ♡♡♡♡
"She kissed you?,she actually fucking kissed you" Kate's voice filled the room.
"Yup she kissed me" was all I said before I went on clicking  keys on my laptop.
"You okay or not. Like she kissed you"
" a little shook"
"Why?"
" because she might have kissed me to thank me"
"Or that she likes you"
" hardly a chance"
" But maybe she does, then what?"

"Don't get my hopes up to much"
"You like her back?" She asked
"I... yes I think I do"
"You think?" She questioned. Did I think or did I really like her. She's beautiful, she's smart most of all she  cares about you.
" I do. Every time  I look at her people around disappear. And the day when we met after so long, that hug she gave; the way she looked at me. I'm certain I fell for her that moment . I mean she looked me like I genuinely mattered"  I sighed.
"Yeah and no one else cared for you" she went on
" I didn't say that you don't."
"Mhm" and we talked a lot more