Monica's Back

The day began like it usually does. Fiona and the kids yelling in the kitchen as they bustle about and get ready for the day, successfully waking you up on the couch. Fiona let's you crash the nights you need a place.

"Here." You sit up and smile at Lip, taking the coffee from his hand.

"Thanks." You both move into the kitchen and you help Fiona make eggs for the kids before sitting down with your own plate.

"I didn't hear you come in last night?" Fiona brings up the question and you nod.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I know I didn't say anything but I had to get out of that house." You pause slightly. "Your locks are fine, just to let you know."

"You broke in?" You shake your head with a smile, looking at their younger brother, Carl.

"No, I picked the lock." You hold up the bent bobby pin from your pocket and Carl smiles.

"Cool." You laugh.

"Maybe when you're older, I'll teach you." Lip nudges you slightly and you shrug.

"It's a good skill to have." Fiona interrupts, telling you all to get to school so all of the kids shove a couple more spoonful of food from plates into and mouths before running out the door. The cold winter air bites at your skin as you walk down the street and Ian puts his jacket on your shoulders.

"I'm fine." You smile up at the red haired boy and he shrugs.

"Just wear the jacket." He motions to the hoodie he's still wearing. "Now we both have something." You sigh thankfully and pull it on.

~ Time Skip. After school, you're drunk and at home because no one else it there. ~

Besides the Gallaghers, alcohol is your only friend. Sorry, alcohol and occasionally the green. You're laying on the couch, the tv playing whatever your mom left it on when Lip and Carl burst through your door.

"What the fuck?!" Your voice is slurred but your anger and fear slips away as you see two of the many Gallaghers.

"(Y/N)..." Carl rushes over to give you a hug and you know something is wrong. The ten year old boy doesn't show when he's upset or scared, except for now.

"Hey. Hey. What happened?" Your mind is fuzzy and your head hurts, but you need be there for them.

"Monica." You freeze slightly. "She's back."

"Oh fuck that bitch. Where is she?" Lip stops you from running out. You were there when Monica left, you were there when Fiona picked up the pieces of her broken family and fixed them. Monica will have to get through you if she wants to break them again.

"She wants Liam." You look at Lip and laugh.

"Like she's gonna get him. There's no way in hell she's taking that kid." The three of you leave and end up at Sheila's. You walk in to see Frank, Monica, some black chick, Shelia, the other Gallaghers, and V.

"Oh!" Monica breathes out when she sees you. "(Y/N), you've grown up gorgeous." You softly push Carl off you and towards Lip, roughly brushing past the unknown woman and get in Monica's face.

"If you want Liam, you're going through me."

"This ain't your family, watch your mouth." You spin to look at the woman.

"Who the fuck are you?" Monica answers.

"That's Roberta."

"Bob." You laugh lightly.

"What? You fuck women now? You realize six kids was enough for you to abandon?" Monica freezes slightly at your harsh words. "You're not taking Liam. I don't give a flying fuck that you carried him for nine months. That's the only thing you've done for him!" You look around, your anger and disappointment in your own family fueling your words even more along with the vodka running through your veins. "That's the only good thing you did for any of them! You're a fucking flake! You're gonna end up leaving Liam on the side of the goddamn road one day when you realize it's too hard for you!" You move closer to Monica's face as you speak and spin around when you feel an hand on your shoulder.

"That's enough." You look at Bob and then look at her hand.

"Let go of me."

"What? We have a problem?" You laugh, closing your eyes for a second.

"We will if you don't let go of me." When Bob doesn't move, you act in seconds. Your hand curling into a fist, Ian and Lip being the only two to see it. You swing and hit Bob in the face just as the two brothers reach forward to stop you. You look at Monica again.

"The best thing you can do right now is take your girlfriend, get in her truck, and leave." Fiona steps next to you.

"Leave Liam and never come back." Lip leads you outside when Bob stands back up and you finally breathe.

"What was that?" You shrug, suddenly guilty for stepping up like that. It's really none of your business, even if you did practically raise the Gallaghers and yourself at the same time. The bottle of vodka you drank suddenly disagrees with its own actions.

"I'm sorry." Lip sighs, lighting a cigarette and starts walking back to the house.

"Come on." The two of you walk back to the Gallagher house in silence, smoking a cigarette. You stop once to get sick from the alcohol and nicotine. You're home alone for a while before everyone files into the house.

"What the hell, (Y/N). I thought you were gonna take that bitch out." V laughs and Fiona looks at you.

"What was that?" You shrug again.

"I'm sorry. I know it's not my problem and she's your mom but..." you trail off and shrug again. "She broke you guys and. And, I mean, I've helped you raise Liam and Carl and Debs. And you guys are my family-" You stop talking when Fiona pulls you into a hug.

"Thank you." You hug back, nodding.

"You guys are my family." Fiona pulls away with a small smile.

!~~~~~!

Hey! So, this was just something I started writing and just went with it. I'm so bored with every imagine being about one certain person and being a romantic relationship so I thought I'd try to bring some variety into this book. Don't get me wrong though, there will be imagines like that in this book!
Lemme know what y'all think!
Requests are open!
Don't be a silent reader, I love interacting with you guys!