Protection

Before you realize what you're doing, your feet have stopped outside a door and your fist is pounding against the paint chipped door.

"Open up! Open the damn door!" You keep knocking frantically and nearly break down into tears when you see his face.

"Mick, I need your help." You manage to keep your voice steady and Mickey looks behind him into the house.

"This isn't a good time, (Y/L/N)." You shake your head quickly.

"I know I know. Wait!" You grab the door before he could close it, your calm facade fading by the second. "Please! Mickey, please! I wouldn't have come here if I had any other choice." Mickey takes a deep breath before stepping outside and closing the door behind him.

"What's going on?" You glance down the street before looking back at your friend.

"My dad." You pause as Mickey starts looking around as well. "He got out of jail early." Mickey pulls you closer to him as you hear yelling down the street.

"Did he hurt you?" You shake your head quickly.

"No. I ran when I saw him come into the house." Mickey nods once.

"Go inside, go to Mandy's room. Don't come out until I come get you okay?" Mickey's voice is harsh and guarded but has a hint of protection in it.

"Don't kill him." Mickey rolls his eyes.

"Why not?" You shrug managing a small smile.

"Don't want you to go back to juvie." You jump when you hear your dad yell again, kicking over trash cans as he gets closer.

"(Y/N)!" He yells your name and that's all it takes for Mickey to push you inside. When you get inside you run into Mickey's brothers, Iggy and Collin. When they see you they both rush outside to stand with their brother. You don't think they even know what's going on, but the Milkovich brothers have always fought together.

"Mands!" You knock on her door and pulled inside quickly. You manage a wave at Ian before climbing onto the couch and curling up tightly. You can hear the Milkovich brothers yelling at your dad and your dad yelling at the brothers.

"Fuck, (Y/N). I thought he still had two weeks left." You shake your head without speaking and Ian looks between the two of you.

"What's going on?" Before you or Mandy respond, Mickey knocks the door open.

"There ya go, (Y/L/N). Problem solved." You look at Mickey.

"What did you do?" Mickey shrugs.

"Nothing really. Pretty boy cop obsessed with Gallagher showed up. Got him in his car before we could beat his fucking brains in!" Mickey's voice gets louder as he talks, his anger showing through his facade.

"So he's gone?" Mickey nods once and looks behind him.

"Yeah, let's get you out of here before.." Mickey trails off in order not to sound like he's worried. You don't argue, standing up from Mandy's couch.

"Thank you." You give Mickey a tight hug before rushing out of the Milkovich house. You don't stop running until you make it to the police station. Your feet carrying you before your mind catches up.

"Tony!" You catch his attention before taking a few deep breaths, panting slightly. "Tell me he's going away for good. Please." Tony sighs sadly.

"We don't have anything to hold him for. And he got out due to good behavior." You run a hand through your hair.

"Fuck!" Tony pulls you aside when people look at you curiously.

"You don't have to worry, (Y/N). Besides, looked like you had the Milkovich kids for protection." You laugh roughly, pulling away from him.

"I gotta go." You walk out of the station calmly but once your feet hit the sidewalk, you're running to your spot. You pass the L, you pass the park, you pass the Gallaghers, the Milkovichs, you pass Sheila's, you pass your own house and you keep running. You stop running when you get to a building on the edge of the south side. It's been abandoned for almost a year, and you climb up to the roof. You stay there, watching the view until it disappears and stars are in the sky.

You're on your own now. Before now, you at least had a house to sleep in. You had money under the floorboards, and you had food in the cabinets. Somehow, you'll get back to the house to get the things you can't part with, but for right now that'll have to wait. You climb down the building, using a broken window as your ticket inside.

It's dark and lonely, but it'll protect you even just a little bit from the cold.

!~~~~~!

Say what you want, you can't tell me Mickey isn't protective as FUCK around the people he cares about. But you also can't tell me he doesn't hide the fact he cares because he's scared of his dad.
I said what I said.
Anyway, I hope you guys like this chapter and it's not too boring.
Lemme know what y'all think!
Requests are open!
Don't be a silent reader, I love interacting with you guys!