Free Day

You can fall asleep anywhere. On the L, under the tracks, on a couch, in a car, at a table, in school. You can fall asleep anywhere and it's because you work all day and then work some more all night.

Somehow, Lip and Ian convinced you and Fiona to take a day off and go somewhere with them all. Just a Gallagher family day. They said something like the park and then you offered to pay, seeing as how you used to live on the North side and had more money than you could spend on your own. Even though you're pretty damn rich, you're careful with your money. You've seen enough people go bankrupt because they don't pay attention to what they buy.

And you work because you hate the fact that your father pays you off to keep quiet about his affairs. In a way you stayed quiet, but you also dropped clues and hints to your mom. That was before she started paying you off as well for the same reasons. At that point you decided to stay quiet, take the money for a rainy day, and go off on your own. They can live their own lies alone. And the rainy day pays for material things you want but don't need.

When you offered to pay, Debs and Carl immediately asked to go to the movies and the mall. Fiona reluctantly asked to get some food when you waited to hear what she wanted. Ian had to call off work and was just happy to be around his family for a day where they didn't have to worry about anything and Lip was there to make sure you all had fun.

Fiona drove the van your dad let you borrow from his company, Ian in the passenger seat. Debs and Carl were in the middle seats, and you and Lip were in the back with Liam. You head rested on Lip's shoulder, his arm around your waist as you fall asleep.

"Are you two dating?" The question reaches your ears as you slowly start to wake up. You keep your eyes closed though, still feeling tired.

"I don't know." Lip answers Debs and you feel him shrug lightly.

"Are you guys fucking?" Carl questions with slight innocence making the older siblings laugh, including Lip.

"Maybe." He doesn't answer the question fully and you can tell he's smiling but it's enough of an answer for Carl.

"Do you like her?" Debs' question is rushed.

"What's with the questions, damn." Lip sighs and you slowly sit up.

"What's going on?" No one answers and you shrug, not wanting to push it and risk having the siblings being tense all day. "Are we almost there?" Fiona answers with a yes and how much longer but you can't help but wonder if Lip was taking about you or Karen... or maybe another person he 'tutors'. With that thought, you straighten in your seat, moving out of his grasp. You ignore the confusion on his face and start playing with the legos Liam has, making the youngest Gallagher sibling laugh happily.

The first stop was lunch. You all agreed on Chinese and you paid with the card your parents pay you on. Each one of you filled a container from the Gallagher house with as much food as you could before leaving. Then the movies; Fiona, Debs, Carl and Liam watched a movie for younger kids while you, Ian, and Lip watched one for teens. You paid with the same card for the tickets and concessions.

You all met outside after the movies, most of you smoking a cigarette before driving some more.

"I'll pay you back." You shake your head, passing Ian's cigarette back, hitting Carl's hand out of the way before he could grab it.

"Don't worry about it, Fi. I don't really use the card so I have enough."

"Why don't you spend the money if you have it?" You shrug at Fiona's question.

"I never really spent money anyway when I was living with my parents. And now, it's just because they don't realize they're both sleeping with other people and trying to keep me quiet about it." You pause, taking Lip's cigarette. "Besides I spend the money, I just like earning and spending my own money."

"So what do you use the card on?"

"Well, emergencies for one. And then also for things like today. Things that aren't needed to survive but are nice to have or do. Like," you look at Lip. "The tickets you wanted for Karen's birthday." You look at Ian and ignore the jealousy in your stomach. "Replacements for Kash and Grab because Mickey is a dick." You look at Fiona. "That dress for your date with Steve. The money for it is behind the washer by the way, I know you returned it."You look at Debs. "The baking pans and ingredients for when we're baking." You look at Carl. "Your karate classes."

"So you use it for material things?" You nod.

"Yeah. Does that upset you?" Fiona shakes her head.

"Not at all." You nod as you finish Lip's cigarette.

"Good. Because we still have to go to the mall." The Gallaghers walk back to the van and you stay out of Lip's grasp, suddenly jealous of the idea of him and Karen together. It's not like you two are in a relationship but you still don't like the idea of him with her.

"Are you okay?" You smile at Ian as you climb into the back of the van.

"Never better. You?" Ian smiles in response and you drop the topic. Lip pulls you closer as you sit down and you decide not to pull away. You don't want to ruin the day.

"What's wrong?" He whispers quietly in your ear and you shake you head.

"Nothing." Lip smiles lightly.

"Liar."

"It's nothing."

"It's something." You laugh quietly, you've never really seen this caring, worried side of him around other people and that fact makes you decide to tell him.

"I'm not seeing other people." Lip freezes.

"What?" You sigh, your face heating up and you stay quiet. You see Ian turn around and you meet his eyes for a second before he nods and turns on some music. It's loud enough that no one can overhear your conversation.

"I haven't been seeing other people. Just you... If you can even count what we are as 'seeing each other'." Lip nods once.

"Okay. Do you want to see other people?" You hesitate slightly before shaking your head no.

"Then what's the problem?" You don't speak for a second.

"Are you?"

"What? Seeing other people?" You nod once, turning your head so you can't see him and so he can't see your red cheeks. Fiona gives you a questioning look and you shake your head so she knows you're okay.

"Not for a couple months." You're slightly surprised.

"So..." you trail off, not wanting to bring up Karen. "The questions from Carl and Debs..." You hear Lip laugh.

"Were about you, yeah." You nod again, aware that your face is red.

"Good. Good to know." Lip hums in response. The rest of the drive to the mall is quiet and the group of you go from store to store, Lip staying close to you.

"Can we go look at baking stuff?" Debbie questions happily and Lip groans in annoyance.

"Sure thing, Debs." You look at Lip. "Just a couple more hours and then we'll go home." Lip nods and Debbie drags you away from him.

A few hours later, what seems like a hundred stores, one card, and armfuls of bags, everything and everyone is back in the van.

"Thank you, (Y/N)!"

"Of course, but it was Lip and Ian's idea. Today was a Gallagher family day. I'm here because I  provided the money." You say the sentence with a smile, not meaning the comment as a bad thing. Fiona shakes her head quickly.

"You're here because you're a part of the Gallagher family."

!~~~~~!

I swear I could write a whole book based on this idea. Idk, I might ngl. Like, the rich girl with the family problems and hangs out with the Gallaghers. And the idea that they all just get to take a day and not worry about anything for once 🥺🥺 I love this imagine so much, I think it's my favorite so far and I hope y'all like it as well!
Lemme know what y'all think!
Requests are open!
Don't be a silent reader, I love interacting with you guys!