CHAPTER 29

Dedicated to @MadhuGupta5 and @shahiabdul for all your support

Kriti's POV

I was still lost in my thoughts when I felt a hand entangle in mine. I slowly looked at him, masking my emotions out completely. He was looking at me as though gauging my reaction, but I am going to be a lawyer, I know how to block my emotions out. We kept looking at each other for a few seconds, before I broke off the staring contest and looked ahead. I realized something that nearly caused my heart to jump out of my chest. 

'Siddarth' I said moving closer to his side and turning the car over to the other end, before we fell into the valley. As soon as we were safely back on the road, he stopped the car. I immediately stepped out and stood leaning against the hood, with my eyes closed. The thoughts in my head at that moment were all jumbling up, when I felt an arm around my shoulder. Without a second thought, I just flung my arms around his shoulder and hugged him tight. Just thinking about what would have happened if I hadn't turned at that moment, made me tighten my grip even though we couldn't have been any closer. 

'Siddarth, we could have, we may have....' I said as tears trickled down my face soaking his shirt. 

'I am so sorry Kritika, I really am. No matter what, I should have focused on driving, no matter what. Forgive me, please' he said. I just nodded and held onto him as he did me. We stayed there till both of us calmed down, yes even him, it was the first time I had seen tears in his eyes. He had not even cried when di ran away, or when his grandma had been serious. A while later we pulled away. 

'Kritika, I honestly am sorry, I risked our lives, hell I risked your life. I promise you something like this will never ever happen again. And I am sorry for everything else as well, I never got to tell you, but I am sorry you got forced to marry me, someone who you thought would be your brother-in-law. Sorry, you didn't get to stay with your parents, like you had wanted to when you decided you wanted to move to Mumbai for your further studies. I am sorry about how I initially behaved, I didn't make things easy for you. And I am sorry that I unintentionally hurt you today, no matter how much you deny it, I know you very well' he said. 

'You didn't' I said softly, definitely not convincingly, but my heart hurt. I didn't know that I had started caring for him so much in such a short period of time. 

'I know I did, and I am sorry' he said. 

'Do you still love her?' I asked, desperately wanting to know his answer to this question. If he did love her, I would do everything in my power to find di, put some sense in her head and get them together. I want him to be happy. I was pulled out my thoughts as he spoke. 

'I do NOT love her, I don't think I ever did to be honest, because otherwise it would not be so easy for me to forget her and her betrayal' he said, sounding very serious.

'Then, your password?' I asked hesitantly. 

'You don't need to hesitate, you can ask me anything. It is true, I had first set this password since it was her birthday, but that isn't the reason anymore. I let the password be since, it was also the first day I met you. I know I sound cheesy and unlike myself, but I thought why dwell on the bad memories when there are other good ones I want to associate with this date' he said. I just smiled softly as I noticed the sincerity in his eyes, but I was still confused. Had I met him before his and di's, well our wedding?

'You don't remember, do you?' he asked. 

Sid's POV(SURPRISE!!!!!!!!)(A/N- I hope you enjoy his memory, let me know what you'll think about the writing style used with his tone. Do you'll want more of his POV or not, pretty please tell me)