CHAPTER 9

Two weeks later

Nothing had changed in the last two weeks, except the fact that Mr. Idiot and I were a little more civil with each other. We were all having breakfast when my phone rang. I ignored the call when I realized that it was just my stupid best friends. They kept calling me, and this piqued everyone's interest. I answered the call finally. 

'What?' I asked. Obviously I wasn't going to start with the formalities with Dev or Arav. 

'So cold, we understand that you just got married and are in your honeymoon period, but give your best friends some time' Arav said. I swirled my butter knife in my hand as I planned how I would murder him. I was sure he was loud enough for bhai, bhabhi and Mr. Idiot to hear what he said. 

'Can you shut up and tell me why you called' I said in a monotone, hoping to sound serious, but my voice sounded foreign to me, I think I sounded like our strict teacher in the tenth grade.(No offense to any teachers, you'll are the best😁)

'Okay you sound like Ms. Lestrange from 10th grade but that is besides the point, wejustwantedtotellyouthatwebothgotgirlfriendsandwewantyoutomeet them' Dev said. For any normal human being that would sound like an alien mumbling some code, but obviously since he was my best friend I knew what he said. My blood was boiling, how dare they get girlfriends without asking me first.

'You what, how could you. Forget boyfriends, I always let you test my crushes too, and you'll got girlfriends without letting me test them out first. I hate you'll, go to hell' I said angrily and hung up. 

They kept calling for the next half an hour and then stopped. I saw bhabhi and bhai sitting there amused, as if I was some clown entertaining them and Mr. Idiot looked tensed for some reason. Wierdo. 

20 minutes later, I was sitting in the living room and studying for my Law entrance exams. Bhabhi, bhai and Mr. Idiot had helped me sort everything with dad. They would acquire the firm after a year, since my dad wants to retire after two years. He said he will use the one year to teach the ropes of the business to Mr.Idiot, bhabhi and bhai. Anyways back to the story, since I answered everyone's unasked question, I was peacefully studying when the doorbell rang. Mr. Idiot, who just walked into the living room went and opened the door. 

'Who is it?' I asked. He didn't reply but let 2 people in. When I looked at their faces, I frowned. It was Dev and Arav. 

'Hey Princess' Dev said. 

'Don't hey princess me' I said and crossed my arms across my chest. I realized how childish I was looking with a pout and my arms crossed over angrily. 

'Acha baba, we are sorry. We wanted to tell you, but all of this happened in the same week that you got married, so we didn't tell you. This last week you seem to have settled down a little, so we thought now would be the best time to tell you. Sachi sorry princess, and anyways you can test them or whatever you want when you meet them today' they said completing each others sentences. I finally smiled and jumped on them. 

'You'll got girlfriends, so I will get two bhabhi's and after I test them and if they pass, it is going to be the 3 of us against the 2 of you' I screeched excitedly. 

'Is she pregnant?' Arav asked Mr. Idiot seriously. 

'No, why would you think she is pregnant?' he asked confused.

'Her mood swings, probably she is pmsing' he said. Why do I have such an idiot as a best friend. Guess I am a very selfless person, I just wanted to save the rest of the world from his stupidity. 

'You know you said that out loud right' Mr. Idiot said with a cheeky grin on his face. I just face-palmed before behaving like it doesn't matter. 

'Oh, by the way, I just realized, it will be 3 v 3' Dev said. 

'How?' I asked, bewildered. 

'Remember, you are married. Siddarth can be on our side' he said smartly. 

'Urgg' I said. 

'Siddarth, we are all going out for dinner tonight, and then probably out to party, would you want to join us?' Arav asked. Please say No,  Please say No, Please say-

'Sure, I'd love to join, but for now, I have to go to office, am getting late. See you'll later. Bye Kriti' he said before leaving. Kriti? He never calls me Kriti. I was a little confused but pushed all the thoughts to the back of my mind. 

'You'll staying for a while?' I asked hopefully with puppy eyes and they nodded. And so we enjoyed our day talking, playing and running around the backyard. I had missed this a lot, they were my best friends, my brothers and I don't know what I would do without them. Plus they pampered me a lot and lived with all my tantrums. With them, I really felt like their princess, their younger sister. With them around, I hardly thought of Krishi di and all the other changes in my life. I loved my big brothers, not by blood, but by love.