CHAPTER 7

Kritika's POV

THE NEXT MORNING

I was sleeping peacefully when I felt the light of the sun on my face. I started punching the sun in anger with my eyes still closed only to hear some chuckles. I opened an eye only to see Mr. Idiot also known as Siddarth Ahuja standing in front of the mirror, and combing his hair with his shirt button's open and his abs peeking out. I ogled him, and as if noticing my stare he smirked. I averted my gaze, but my eyes found their way back to his chest. 

'Kritika, if you are done ogling, do I have your permission to wear my shirt properly' he asked, or rather taunted. I bent my head down, realizing that my cheeks were flushed at being caught. I composed myself quickly and looked at him again. 

'Oh, hello mister. I wasn't looking at you, I was looking at Mr. Sun, was waking up early, which lead to me waking up early. And why the hell did you open the curtains. You may be a boring uncle who gets up early to go to work, but I don't. I've applied at colleges that start post 10, specifically to get more sleep, so don't you dare open the curtain from tomorrow, and please, LET ME SLEEP' I said and buried myself under the duvet. He snorted and then laughed like I had told him some joke.

 I peeked out and asked seriously, 'What's so funny mister?' 

'Nothing, I just remembered how you were trying to punch the air in anger' he said and burst out laughing again. I huffed and looked away. I suddenly got a question. 

'Mr. Idiot, what work do you do?' I asked after he was a little composed. 

'You don't know?' he asked. 

'How would I ?' I asked back and shrugged. 

'I am one of the richest businessmen in Mumbai, and probably even in India' he said. My mouth formed an 😮 in shock. 

'You seriously didn't know? I find it quite hard to believe' he said. 

'I really didn't' I replied honestly. 

'I see, now tell me what are you planning to study and do once you start college?' he asked. 

'I wanted to study Law to be very honest, but now that Krishi didi is not there, I don't know who will handle dad's Chartered Accountancy firm and the hotel chains. If I don't take it up, then dad will have to sell its shares and basically give up on his firm and hotel chains after he retires. Both things are very close to his heart so I don't want him to give it up. So I might consider doing business management alongside a CA course instead' I explained. His eyes showed various emotions that I couldn't decipher. He looked contemplative for a minute before he nodded. 

'So when is your college starting?' he asked. 

'Next month, I will get to know my college in 2 weeks time, after I get my results day after tomorrow. Shit, just two days. I am telling you, I am going to fail in physics, fail matlab FAIL. I will just go hide somewhere once the results are out' I rambled. He looked at my face and then laughed before shaking his head and walking out of the room. I was no longer sleepy so I made my way to the bathroom and got ready before walking downstairs to see everyone at the dining table, chatting and having their breakfast. 

'Good morning Chachi' Rohit and Rahul said as they spotted me. Both of them gestured me to come towards them so I did that. They hugged me and kissed each of my cheeks before sitting and eating again. I ruffled their hair before sitting on the only chair left, the chair right beside Mr. Idiot. I wished everyone a good morning before starting with my meal. 

After everyone was done with their meals, bhai and Mr. Idiot went to work, whereas bhabhi stayed at home since it was a Saturday. Maa and papa were going for some pilgrimage so they left as well. Now it was only bhabhi, Rohit, Rahul and me. Bhabhi was trying to make them study but they were not willing to listen. Just then I got an idea. 

'Bhabhi, why don't you let me try teaching them in a different way? In the meantime can you please make the puffy cake that you have at your bakery? You know this way probably after you joined bhai and Mr. Idiot in business, but you should know. I had done terribly in one of my tests and my mood was terrible, but just one bite of the puffy cake from your bakery and I was fine. Please bhabhi, pleaseee, pretty please with a cherry on top' I asked with a pout. She finally agreed and walked to the kitchen after showing me everything I had to cover with Rohit and Rahul. 

Both of them returned sadly with their books in order to write their tables. 

'Chachi where is mumma?' Rohit asked. 

'Well, your mumma is making a puffy cake for us and has left me in charge of making you'll learn the tables up to 10' I told them. 

'Ohh' they said in unison, still seeming upset that they had to study.

'But, I have a different way of teaching you'll tables so you'll can shut your books. Go and get a ball one of you and the other one will get a hula-hoop' I said. Both of them looked confused but quickly ran to their room to get whatever I asked for. I ran up to my room and got the monkey mask I had ordered online before heading to the living room. Both of them had returned with one item each. 

'Good job boys, now we are going to play a game' I said. 

'Yayy, game' both of them said, once again in unison. It was a little creepy but cute. 

'Okay, so here is the game. I will ask you one of the multiplications, like 2 into 2 or something, and then throw the ball to each of you in turn, by the time you catch the ball, if you have not given the answer then you will have to do the hula-hoop as a punishment and then wear this mask, till the time the other person makes a mistake. If the other person makes a mistake they will also have to do the hula-hoop and then wear a mask. Clear?' I asked. 

'Yes Chachi' they said. 

'Okay, so go and stand a little away' I said. They quickly ran to two different spots and I started with the game, a little slow and with easier numbers. Rohit made a mistake first and had to do the punishment. Soon enough, even Rahul made a mistake and all of us enjoyed a good laugh while they subconsciously learned a very important topic. We kept playing and didn't even hear the door open. 

A clearing throat pulled us out of our game. 

'Daddy, chachu' the two yelled before running over and hugging them. They started rambling about how they enjoyed the game and who became the monkey how many times. I just smiled at them and hugged bhabhi as she returned with the cake. 

'They know their tables bhabhi, don't take so much tension' I whispered to her and she smiled back. 

'Guys, it's lunchtime, let us all sit for lunch. Maa and papa, we be returning in the evening, so we don't have to wait for them right now and I have made the puffy cake at Kriti's request, so quickly get settled if you want the cake' bhabhi said. Rohit, Rahul, and I ran to the table and settled down, while bhai, bhabhi and that idiot laughed at us. All of them lazily strolled into the room, with bhai holding bhabhi close to him. They were too cute😍. I had wished to have something like that someday, but I guess god didn't want that. I pulled myself out of those thoughts and happily relished my meal.

Hey guys, just letting you'll know, I have my exams in a month, so updates will be slow. I am really sorry, I wish I could write more often. 

Anyways, I hope you'll like this part. If you do, please vote, comment and share. Votes and comments motivate a lot. 

Thanks for reading 

Love you guys!!!