please don't say it.

(trigger warning. mature themes.)

in jeongguk's eyes, the world was in monochrome black and white

in jeongguk's eyes, the world was in monochrome black and white. it was as if he were colourblind, with hyerim being the only cure. what was it with this girl, that made life so much more rich, so saturated with colour?

that was how he could easily spot the silly girl amongst many other students, twirling a strand of her hair as she exited the school gates. he staggered towards her as fast as he could on clutches, scaring her from behind with a resounding "boo!".

she shrieked, and he laughed, thinking that she looked so pretty even when she was scared.

"jeez jeongguk! you'll give me a heart attack!" she glared at him with anger, yet reached for his arm to support him on his clutches. jeongguk, once again, felt so much love for this girl.

they walked back home together— arm in arm, much to jeongguk's delight. yet, something was different that afternoon. hyerim's brown eyes that usually shone with excitement seemed puzzled, her eyebrows knitted with anxiety.

"what's wrong with you today?" jeongguk couldn't help but ask the moment the moment they reached her apartment. he hated his rude tone the moment his question escaped his lips.

thankfully, hyerim was quite used to jeongguk's brutality and knew he meant well. she sighed inwardly, biting her pink lips in nervousness as she took of her sneakers.

"eunwoo......"

jeongguk's nostrils flared at his name. "what did he do? i'll kill him-"

"no, no! it's not anything like that..." she mumbled, giving little pats to jeongguk's arm to calm his explosive rage. "eunwoo... loves me."

she paused, as if her own words shocked herself. "he wants me to be his girlfriend."

"well? do you love him back?" he asked, his tone heavy and guarded, as if he were challenging her to answer.

please don't say it, hyerim, i beg you. please don't say that you love him too.

"well... yeah. i do love him-"

she couldn't finish her sentence, because jeongguk threw his clutches to the floor,  grabbed her by her arm and dragged her into the apartment.

"jeongguk! your legs!" she cried, worried that he might undo his recovery by exerting too much force on them. jeongguk on the other hand, had no worries about that. the only thing he cared about at the moment was...

he pushed her onto her bed, the mattress creaking as she struggled against him. he crawled on top of her tiny body, his injured knees numb by his rage. the anger from his eyes showed the scared child within, the boy who was starved of the love and affection that he so desperately craved. if hyerim, the only person in the world he truly loved, loved another man, what would happen to him?

"what are you— jeongguk!" hyerim fought against his strong arms, but he pinned them beside her head. he placed soft kisses on her cheeks, her ears, her neck, sending jolts of electricity through hyerim, who was completely helpless against his strong grip. "it's not funny anymore jeongguk! stop joking around!" she yelled, trying to pry herself away from his hands.

jeongguk didn't respond, he trailed his lips down to her collarbone, peeling away her school blouse. "jeongguk! jeongguk please stop!" hyerim cried, as he kissed her bare skin, sending shivers down her spine. he kissed her where her heart was, feeling it thud ferociously beneath his lips.

her tiny, fragile heart... how badly he wanted it to be his. the only thing he cared about at the moment was making her his before anyone else could.