i know you won't hurt me.

eunwoo was leaving the convenience store when he saw; across the street was the central park

eunwoo was leaving the convenience store when he saw; across the street was the central park. jeon jeongguk, the lone wolf of his class, and park hyerim. under the moonlight, she looked lovely as always, her cropped wavy hair tucked behind her tiny ear. even the way she moved was gentle and adorable.

she stood near jeongguk, grinning mischievously, hands pulling at his cheeks. jeongguk was growling at her, shoving her away with a swoop of his muscular arm. yet, when she stumbled backwards, jeongguk grabbed her arm before she fell and pulled her close. their noses were two inches apart before jeongguk released his grip, glaring at her.

what the hell.

eunwoo's eyes glowed with rage, twinges of jealousy bubbling in his heart. why did jeongguk have to come into her life so unexpectedly?

would he hurt her?

eunwoo would never allow it. he'd heard of jeon jeongguk and his tainted record— thefts, truancy, underage drinking and smoking. how could he ever allow such a person near her? when she couldn't even breathe without worrying?

yet, as he continued to observe her interactions with jeongguk, he couldn't help but fall in love all over again with the way she smiled.

——————————

"jeongguk, what are you doing here alone anyway?" hyerim asked as she scratched the purring feline under its chin

"jeongguk, what are you doing here alone anyway?" hyerim asked as she scratched the purring feline under its chin. jeongguk ran a hand through his raven hair, leaning back on the park bench.

"hotel wouldn't let me stay."

hyerim's eyes widened, her cheeks flushing the shade of roses. "l-l-love hotel?!" she gasped with a bandaged hand to her mouth. her eyes beheld horror. jeongguk slapped the back of her head. "don't spout crap. you know, hyerim, you've got quite the dirty mind. always bringing up kissing and love hotels..."

jeongguk smirked when he noticed she coiled with surprise. "don't tell me... you're hitting on me, aren't ya!" jeongguk teased, cupping a cheek with one hand, as he brought his face closer to hers.

 you're hitting on me, aren't ya!" jeongguk teased, cupping a cheek with one hand, as he brought his face closer to hers

"i'm not hitting on you!" hyerim glared at him and turned to the cat. "anyway, papa says no boyfriends till i'm seventeen."

"...you don't have to make excuses. i'm pretty sure you don't want someone like me near you anyway."

hyerim turned her attention back on him. "don't say that jeongguk, i think you're a good person. don't bring yourself down."

her eyes sparkled at him with such intensity that it took much willpower to tear his obsidian eyes away from hers. jeongguk couldn't look her in the eye. when she spoke like that. it made him feel strange.

"anyway. get lost. i'm exhausted." he waved a dismissive hand at her. "since you're all better now, i don't care anymore. go do your shit and leave me alone."

hyerim frowned as she glanced at jeongguk's new home. "but i can't let you stay out here alone! it's dangerous!"

jeongguk furrowed his brows. "do you know who the hell you're talking to?" she barely reached the height of his shoulders, yet she talked as if he were the weaker one.

"it's dangerous, jeongguk!"

since she was so adamant that he would be in danger, jeongguk felt the urgent need to prove to her his strength. he was strong. someone tiny like her didn't need to protect him.

he rose from the bench and stood closer to her, bending his head down so his eyes could bore into hers. "you're the one who's in danger here, little hyerim."

"i know you won't hurt me."

he towered over her like a building yet her eyes remained insistant. jeongguk felt like he was talking to a wall. he sighed in defeat as he shrugged his shoulders. "what do you want me to do then?"

"go home?"

"you know i can't do that," jeongguk muttered, pushing away thoughts of his family waiting at home. dressed in crease-free clothing. drinking wine. do you know what the neighbours have been saying? how dare you ruin our image! you're a disgrace to this family, jeon jeongguk.

hyerim pouted. jeongguk tried not to look at her cherry lips.

"stay with me!"

jeongguk choked, gasping and spluttering for air. this girl never failed to amaze him. what the hell was her problem? at that single moment he looked at her in awe, noticing the way her soft skin shimmered under the rays of the moon, or how her hair was black and wild like an animal's.

"then you'll be in big danger, hyerim," was all he said. if he were to stay with her, so many things could go wrong. what if he harmed her? what if she started to hate him? his mind swarmed with buzzing questions, and he loathed himself for being so vulnerable. over this stupid girl. this fearless, breathtaking, stupid girl.

still, all his worries dissolved when she said once again, "you won't hurt me, jeongguk. i'm sure of it."