what happens if you disappear?

this book is dedicated to lubjeon 
happy birthday!
——————————
introducing,
jeon jeongguk and park hyerim ...

this book is dedicated to lubjeon  happy birthday! ——————————introducing, jeon jeongguk and park hyerim

"what are you doing?" an airy voice sounded from beyond the tinted car window. jeon jeongguk jumped, biting his pink lip. he turned his head with a grimace on his face, annoyance surfacing in his large doe eyes. shit, he got caught in the act.

meet jeon jeongguk— teenage delinquent, a handsome boy with star-flecked eyes and a mischievous smirk. he was stealing a car.

through the window of the car, his eyes met bright brown ones that reflected golden rays of sunshine radiating from the midday sun.

meet park hyerim— airhead.

he took in the features of the blinking girl, who stood before the car window, the thin, glass window was the only thing between the two of them. she grinned, cherry tinted lips forming a rectangular grin.

jeongguk cursed as he ruffled his dark onyx locks, before unbuckling his seatbelt and pushing open the car door.

the door swung open and pushed the girl onto the ribbed pavement of the school car park. a surprised expression was displayed on her face, as she sat on the ground, knees buckled. her palms were scraped, blood surfaced from beneath her pale white skin.

jeongguk stepped out and stared at her. she was a student, just like him, and she wore the school's gym outfit; a thin white dry-fit shirt and navy blue shorts. her short hair was left unbound, wavy in black swirls.

"aren't you gonna help me up?" the girl asked, blinking patiently at the disgruntled boy. he bent down and scooped her up, one arm supporting her back and the other below her knees. "wooh! bridal style. this is fun!" she giggled.

jeongguk knitted his eyebrows as he stared into the eyes of this tiny girl. he rolled his eyes and walked to the other side of the car and dumped her in. "don't move," was all he said, slamming the door shut.

he would take her out of the school and give her a good scare to shut her up. easy.

he got into the drivers' seat, and pulled out of the school carpark.

"i didn't know high schoolers can drive! how come i don't get to drive?" the girl asked, as she put on her safety belt. jeongguk was bewildered by this girl's idiotic behaviour.

he just 'kidnapped' her, and she was happily putting on her seatbelt, singing, "safety first!"

"listen up. the moment you tell anyone that i stole the principal's car, i'll find you, and i'll beat you up," jeongguk threatened as he stopped the car a few hundred metres away from school at a convenience store.

she laughed. "violence is not the answer!! why don't we be friends or something?" she said as she punched the air. he stared at her. is she actually this dumb?

"are you fuckin stupid?"

"i'm not fuckin stupid, i'm park hyerim! nice to meet you, jeongguk," she said, reaching her hand out for a handshake.

"you know me?"

"everyone knows you, jeongguk," she said, matter-of-factly, tilting her head to the side, waiting for him to shake her hand. she looked like a clueless puppy. he pursed his lips.

remaining silent, he glared at her and slapped her lingering hand away. "can we go back to school now? i need to go to the infirmary."

he looked at her up and down, noticing her hands were shaking. "why?"

"because i had an asthma attack during pe class! also you pushed me and i hurt my hands!" said the girl as she showed him her blood-stained palms. a trickle of blood rolled down her hand and fell onto his thigh.

then that silly, giddy smile slipped off her cheeks, as life slid out of her eyes. as if she simply fell asleep. her head lolled and rested on jeongguk's shoulder as he fretted over her lifelessness. "what the fuck's wrong with you?" he shook her arm, her short, wavy curls untucking from her ear and resting on her pale cheek. jeongguk noticed her eyelashes were long and curled at the edges.

usually he wouldn't have cared, but for some reason he felt that if he tossed her out of the car and let her rot, she'd disappear for good, and that interesting, blinding radiance that she brought along with her would vanish forever.

the thought that he could be the reason someone so innocent would disappear... he didn't like that thought.

so he turned the stolen car around.