everybody knows now.

hyerim felt her lungs buzzing again, begging for attention

hyerim felt her lungs buzzing again, begging for attention. she put the teal inhaler to her lips. eunwoo watched her silently, his expression pained as she breathed in medication. he placed a hand on her shoulder , giving it a small squeeze. "are you okay?"

she heaved a sigh of relief as she placed the inhaler back into her pocket. she grinned at eunwoo and held up a peace sign. "i'm good, don't worry eunwoo!" she smiled and patted his hair as if he were her little brother. even though he was a year older. eunwoo pursed his lips, holding back from grabbing her hand.

it was lunch time. the school cafeteria were filled with the chatter of students, the clinking of utensils and the clamour of the chairs scraping against the ground.

eunwoo and hyerim were sitting together as they always did during lunch break, the majority of the female population ogling at eunwoo and glaring at hyerim. hyerim never noticed the bad attention she got, though.

it was as if she had a filter installed in her eyeballs which only allowed her to see the good in people. most of the time, eunwoo wished she would be more cautious. cautious of people like jeon jeongguk.

her pretty midnight eyes widened as she glanced over his shoulder.

"jeongguk!" she smiled, waving her arms wildly over her head. eunwoo tilted his head to look, glowering when he saw a tall, long-haired boy enter the cafeteria. eunwoo rolled his eyes, yelling after hyerim, "don't run-!"

hyerim skipped towards jeongguk, regardless of his warning, without a care for her health. her short jet black hair untucked from her ears, bouncing as she ran towards the boy.

eunwoo could only follow her with his eyes, a longing gaze locked on this tiny girl.

jeongguk scanned the cafeteria, looking for a girl who hopped up and down like a bunny. he locked eyes with eunwoo, who held a firm glare before shaking his head in annoyance and turning away.

jeongguk didn't know why the sight of eunwoo's face made his blood pulse with irritation. especially ever since that encounter in the hospital, he had been meaning to talk to him.

"heeyyyy, jeeoongguuk! are you listening?"

"what," he growled, still glaring at eunwoo, who wouldn't even look back at him. coward.

"i wanted to say i'm sorry for taking your joke so seriously. it's just... that was my first kiss!" she raised her voice louder, afraid that the cafeteria was too noisy for jeongguk to hear her.

but he could hear her. in fact, everybody could.

hyerim's first kiss. with who? jeon jeongguk? the 'bad' boy?

the noise around them died down as students stopped their conversations to stare at the two of them. jeongguk whipped his head to hyerim, mouth agape. "hah?" he asked, flicking her on the forehead with his fingers. "i know you're a major airhead and all, but you really have got to watch what you say."

hyerim frowned, clearly very confused.

jeongguk sighed and grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the cafeteria before she could say something stupid.

eunwoo heard what she said loud and clear. despite the buzz of the curious students around him, the noises were drowned out by the blind rage and jealousy, and the dreaded words of "first kiss".