Starr Academy: Year Two- Chapter 6

Six

    I hugged Franklin goodbye at the airport. I can’t believe he’s going off to help a new student. And the student is in Jacksonville Florida. He had spent some time there with his uncle for a summer a few years ago. That meant he at least knew the lay of the land.

    I pulled back and smiled. “Go get’em.”

    He laughed. “You know I will.” He winked and playfully ruffled my hair. “I’ll see you at school sis from another mother.”

    I giggled as he walked through the security gate and into the terminal. Debbie and Greg stood next to me as they waved goodbye to their son. They were sad that he was leaving already, but also sad that I wasn’t staying with them any longer too. They were seeing me as their daughter.

    We all left and drove down to Virginia Beach. Starting today and for the rest of summer I was staying with Marek and his folks. I kind of felt like a migrant moving from one place to the next till I come to a place to rest. But thankfully I was migrating between people who cared about me.

    We stopped in the front of Marek’s hotel and I saw him pacing inside. I smiled as I got out of the car. As if he knew, he turned and then rushed outside. He hugged me and lifted me up. He was so happy to have me with him.

    When we finished, I turned to Debbie and Greg. “Let me introduce you to my boyfriend Marek. Marek, this is Franklin’s parents, Debbie and Greg.”

    Marek held out his hand and shook their hands. “Its a pleasure to meet you both. Thank you for taking such great care of Hope.”

    Debbie smiled at me. “There was nothing to it. She’s a great girl as you already must know.”

    Marek squeezed my side a little where his hand draped around me. “Oh I know. She’s the best.”

    We turned and Marek’s parents walked over to us. I smiled that the two parents were meeting. They shook hands and introduced themselves to each other. It was such a nice meeting.

    Before Debbie and Greg left, she turned to me. “If you need anything at all, even if its a tomato or something else, call. Anytime. Okay?”

    I smiled and nodded as I went over and hugged them both. “I will. I promise.”

    They left and we four went up to their suite. Well, I should say our suite as I am staying with them for the next few weeks. After that, we all fly out. Marek and I to school. His parents, home.

    In the suite Marek took my hand and pulled me into one of the bedrooms. He had my suitcase in his other hand. He placed the suitcase on a long short dresser on the side of the room. Then he pulled me down onto the bed with him. One of two beds.

    “You can choose which ever bed you want. I get the other one.” He made circles on the back of my hand.

    I blushed. “Your parents are letting us stay in the same room?”

    He grinned and nodded. “They trust us not to do anything inappropriate.” I giggled as he wiggled his eyebrows at me.

    I laid back on the bed. “What if I get scared and need to cuddle?”

    He shifted and propped himself up on his elbow. “That wouldn’t be inappropriate. You just have to crawl into my bed and put my arms around you.” He took my hand and kissed it. “I get to have you for the rest of the summer.”

    I tugged him closer to me and cupped his cheek. “I am so happy about that.”

    He graced my jaw and tilted my chin up more. He grinned as he started to kiss me. My hands automatically went around his neck. I always loved kissing Marek. How he never goes farther than what I’m comfortable with.