Starr Academy:Year Two- Chapter 35

Thirty-Five

    A month. A full month has gone by since Marek saved my life. A month since I told him I needed time alone to collect my feelings. A whole month.

    He has kept his word about staying away from me. I have not seen him even for a second. My heart felt unsure about us. So many warring emotions that have yet to subside in all this time.

    But how could I have seen him?

    I have not left my room very much. My mentor Gilliett has brought me breakfast and lunch most days. Franklin or one of the others have been bringing me dinner. They ask how I was doing and I'd tell them. They were all so happy that I was actually voicing my feelings again. Even Roderick was happy when he called every weekend.

    Sigh.

    But I still don't know if I want to be Marek's girlfriend any longer. It is possible that I might not be ready for that kind of serious relationship right now. Next year is my last year and I need to figure out what I want to be doing for it.

    I lifted my head up as a knock came from my door. It opened and Theo smiled at me with that father like way he does. “Still cooping yourself up in your room.” He held out his hand. “Come on. The day is beautiful as all others are stuck in their classes.” I couldn’t help the smile as I got up and went to him.

    My eyes closed as I turned my face to the sun. It had been a long few weeks that I hadn’t aloud myself out of the school’s grounds. I just hadn’t had the strength myself to venture out.

    “I’ve wanted to start a new painting, but I didn’t know what to paint.” Theo smiled down to me as we neared the pond. “But I think I know.” He stopped and turned to me. “I want to paint you.”

    “Me? Why would you want to paint me?”

    He cupped my jaw lightly. “Because you are an inspiration. For you to have had a shattered soul and come back from that.” He closed his eyes and sighed. A sound that tugged my heart. When he opened his eyes, there were hints of unshed tears. “I had thought we had lost you for good.”

    I hugged him. “Please, no more tears.” My voice was thick with my own unshed tears.

    He nodded as he pulled back. “Forgive me. I’m but an old man who cares for you a great deal.”

    I frowned. “But your not an old man. Wise yes, but you could never be old even when you start greying.”

    He laughed. “Now that’s the Hope I’ve come to cherish every second since I’ve met you.”

    I turned my head away slightly as a blush tinged my cheeks. “Where do you wish me to be so you can start?”

    He smiled brightly as he pulled me over to the weeping willow. “Just sit as you always are. I’ve already sketched out from other times we’ve been here together among this beauty.” He tapped the book in my hand. “Seeing you read is a delightful sight and a pleasing sight.”

    I lifted on my tippy toes and kissed his cheek lightly before I walked over to the tree and sat down. A small smile pulled at my lips as I glanced over and saw Theo smile at me as he moved his easel into potion. He sat down and I turned back to my book.

    The day slipped by us as I sat reading while I heard and glimpsed Theo working away on his easel. The day was more than pleasant and relaxing with Theo painting and me reading. Theo rarely spoke, but that was alright. He didn’t have to speak as he worked on his painting with me. The silence was a blessing.