Starr Academy: Year Two- Chapter 28

Twenty-Eight

~~Marek’s Point Of View~~

    My eyes stayed on the floor as I walked through the great hall to my seat that I realized I hadn’t sit in for a while now. I could hear the rumors that were going around. How much everyone was hating me right now.

    I was the reason Hope was ‘sick’ as all the students were just told. Only those closest to Hope know what really has happened. But everyone knew I had something to do with it.

    Headmistress Alexi had me sit there and listen as Hope’s friends and my once friends were told what happened. I remember my own tears falling as I heard Danielle and Zera break down at the news. Zander screaming at me and Nathan holding him back. Ricking and Xan being held back by Franklin. Skylar off to the side crying himself silently.

    Then they were told of my bewitching. How I didn’t know what was going on because I had been blinded to everything that centered around Hope. It didn’t help much as my guilt hit me as my memories cleared and righted themselves.

    My memories weren’t all right, but I was told that would take a few days as they continue to give me more and more tea to clean my system of the tea I was given before. I was so confused and upset at what was done to me. How could someone be so selfish to do this to another student? It wasn’t just about me, but Hope too. She is the one hurt the most by their treachery. My poor Hope who I don’t know where they have her. She didn’t deserve any of this.

    At my seat, I stood behind it as I closed my eyes. This wasn’t fair. Nathan had said it right yesterday. Hope didn’t deserve what happened to her because of me.

    “I can’t do this.”

    I turned to leave when Nathan stood up and blocked my path. “No. You will do this.” His eyes blazed deadly. “Hope endured sitting here even when you had stopped coming to lunch and dinner. She sat alone even with us around her. She bared the pain till she saw you and Kathleen making out.”

    I paled. She had seen us? I felt like being sick again. My legs felt so weak that they may not keep me upright.

    Nathan took ahold of my upper arms having his nose so close to mine. “Now you bare it with some dignity. But know this...” He took a deep painful breathe. “She had bared it so much better than you will ever.”

    I stumbled backwards a step when he shoved me before taking his seat again. He was more than right. I had to suck this up. Hope went through so much, and I could be man enough to do it too.

    Slowly, I took my seat not looking at anyone. How could I look at any of my friends in the eye when I knew exactly what I did. I knew none of them were my friends anymore because of what happened. I didn’t blame them either.

    My eyes finally rose when I heard a chair at the head table move and found Headmistress Alexi looking over the whole hall. “As most of you have been told, Hope has fallen ill last night. The illness she has is not one that can be easily cured with a simple potion.”

    Her eyes went to me. “This illness was brought about in an unusual way and we need to use her counterpart in order to correct what has plagued her.”

    She looked back to the whole room as low murmurs started fluttering throughout the hall. “We all have seen her and know that we tried to prevent this illness. She has so many dear friends that tried to help her, but she did not fight to help save herself.”

    Her eyes closed and knew she wasn’t trying to cry in front of the whole student body. “At the moment, her mentor is with her, preparing her for what shall come next after the last of the preparations are complete.” Her voice starting to shake. Theo rose to place his hand in hers.