Starr Academy: Year Two- Chapter 30

Thirty

~~Marek’s Point Of View~~

    My breathe was knocked out of me when I hit a solid ground. I coughed and gasped as I planted my hands flat on the ground and lifted myself up. I had landed chest first and I thanked that the powers above that I hadn't hit face first. That would have so hurt.

    I blinked and shook my head to clear away the last of the stars that were in my eyes from watching the tunnel. I knew I shouldn’t have, but I just had to see for myself. The description in the book of it was so beautiful. How could I have passed up seeing it for myself?

    My eyes wandering around and my brow scrunching up seeing where I was. Why the school garden? One far younger than the well established one that I’ve come to know in my time of staying at the school so far.

    The dirt beneath the small, young bushes was still disturbed as if the bush was just freshly planted. A string ran through and wrapped around the base of the bush that lead to and from it to the ones next to it. A trick done to make sure the the bushes stay lined up as they grew taller.

    Getting to my feet, I slowly turned around only to come face to face with myself. His eyes narrowed at me. “This is your fault.”

    I blinked to find Franklin standing there. “She wouldn’t be here now if it wasn’t for you.” He fumed as his eyes blazed with hatred.

    I blinked again to find Nathan now before me. “She trusted you to never betray her.”

    Another, Zander. “You don’t deserve her.”

    I rubbed my eyes before I saw myself again standing before me. He took a step toward me and I took an equal measure back. “I had no idea what was going on.” I tried to defend myself as he continued to march forward.

    “That’s no excuse!” He hissed at me as his hand shot out and grasped my shirt. “She depended on you.”

    I stood my ground and stood up straight. “I know this. I don’t need you to remind me.”

    He stood before me so close that our noses brushed against one another. “Then why did you never listen to me before?” He flashed between all the others quickly before settling back onto my duplicate once again.

    “How could I have known when I was bewitched? I had no idea what was really real.”

    “I stood there and told you, yet you hadn’t listened to me.” Nathan came for a few heart beats before Zander and then me yet again. He was making his point. I should have had faith in my friends and listened to them. But I hadn’t and now Hope was paying the cost of that.

    “I’m here to fix it.”

    “I know.” His voice growled deeply. “In this you must succeed.”

    My chin notched just a hint higher. “I know. I’ve already resigned myself to the thought that if I can’t save her, I’m staying here. Forever. If she is lost, then I will be lost with her.”

    I moved away from my duplicate, but he gripped my arm and turned me back to him. “Would she want that?”

    My eyes went to the center of the garden where mist covered the view of the pond. “No she wouldn’t, but I refused to stop till she is whole and alive.” I turned back to myself. “I am more than determined to save my Hope.”

    He stepped back and smiled. “Then I will not keep you any longer.” He flashed as the others again for a moment. Each smiling at me.

    I was about to turn away when he called back to me. “But you must understand a few things on this journey to save Hope.”