Starr Academy: Year Two- Chapter 3

Three

    It was bound to happen. My brothers finding my secret garden. They have been out of school for three days when they stumbled across it. I found them plucking all the food out till there was nothing left there.

    They stood up when they saw me. They were glaring at me. “Miss High and Mighty has a green thumb.” Rod sneered.

    Derek smacked Rod’s chest. “No way. Franklin had to help her. He’s the one with the green thumb. He can make anything grow.”

    They started to advance on me, but I didn’t care. My garden. My wonderful garden was destroyed. We had worked so hard on it to keep it alive and healthy.

    Derek pushed me against the side of the garage. Tears slowly went down my cheeks. “You weren’t ever going to share, were you?”

    “I-I have been sharing. Dinner was made with my garden. Look what you did.” I pointed to the disheveled ground where roots were upended. “It would have lasted through the winter for you all. Now its gone.”

    “Bullshit! You never would have let us know it was here. You greedy selfish bitch!” Derek spat into my face.

    “You think you’re so better than us because you go to some posh boarding school. You’re just trash like us. You’ll never be more than a dumb blonde who has nothing. You can try to be one of them, but you never will be. You’ll end up just like mom. In a twisted marriage to a loser with loser kids.”

    Suddenly I felt the ground beneath me shift and I no longer found myself against the garage. An arm was around my waist keeping me from falling down. I looked up to see Franklin pissed off.

    He moved me behind him to shield me from my brothers. “You’re an asshole Derek.”

    Derek smiled darkly. “Well look who it is. The knight in tarnish armor rescuing his whore.”

    I wrapped my arms around Franklin’s waist to stop him from hurting my brother. “HOW DARE YOU CALL HER THAT!”

    “Franklin please.” I whispered up at him. He was shaking with anger as he so wanted to beat my brother to a bloody pulp.

    “You’re just fucking jealous that she’s bettering herself with a great education that you could never have. She is at the very top of our class and is the best student ever. I rarely find her playing a video game while you... you watch porn on your computer and jack off onto her sheets you’re so jealous of her.”

    Rod restrained Derek. “Fuck off!” Derek screamed at the top of his lungs. “There’s nothing to be jealous about Hope. She’s nothing. Dumb as shit and you’re worst if she’s top of the class.”

    Franklin growled. I had to hugged him hard to get him to calm down just a fraction. He was just that pissed at my brother. Even Rod looked bewildered by Derek who was just ranting now.

    Abruptly Franklin turned away from Derek and dragged me inside. “You’re not staying here any longer. You’re staying at my house. Fuck that asshole! He maybe your blood, but he’s a piece of shit.”

    He marched me into my ‘room’. I picked up my suitcase and he grabbed my carry-on. He pulled me out to car and took my suitcase from me stuffing it into the hatchback. I got in and he got into the driver’s seat. His hands gripped the steering wheel till his knuckles were white.

    He took me straight to his house without looking back. There he phoned his mom and told her what happened. I sat on the couch looking down at my hands. I was trembling a bit.