Starr Academy: Year Two- Chapter 22

Twenty-Two

~~Zander's Point Of View~~

    I smiled as I walked into the changing room under the stadium. Today was the day I was going to get the title away from Marek and show Hope that I was the better man. After this passed week, She needed to be with a guy who’d treat her right and not shove her aside.

    It’s still shocking how he’s been ignoring her. Every morning I see Hope looking up and over at his seat. For the passed three days, Marek hasn’t even bothered to come for breakfast in the great hall. Nathan isn’t talking to him, and I even thought I heard him talk about moving out of their room.

    Asking Hope doesn’t help. She just gave me her sweet smile and say she trusted Marek. Somehow in all this she wasn’t worried so much because apparently she trusted him to talk to her soon about what was going on lately. She has too much trust in the guy if you ask me.

    The  chimes sounded and I stood up ready. Now I will get what should be mine. Title of King and Hope. I grimace at the last one. I doubted this really would change the last one. She was so head over heels with Marek that she doesn’t hear reason even with what has been happening.

    “He must think I’m too clingy and needed some space for a while.” Her words echoing in my head.

    Clingy? Seriously? This was Hope! She wasn’t clingy at all. If what she does is clingy than other girls are freaking molesting me all the time. I could never describe Hope as clingy. She was the perfect girlfriend in every way possible that anyone in their right mind would worship her. She was the sweetest and most caring girlfriend I ever known. That’s why I want her to be my girl.

~~~

    I stood frozen as everyone else piled into the changing room after lunch. No one saw this. Everyone was just so excited to get back out on the field, so no one even paid attention to the two off in the dark part of the corridor. They maybe in the shadows, but I would recognize them anywhere.

    My blood started to boil seeing him there. Marek, that low life son of a bastard. How could he be doing this to Hope!?! And with her!?!?!?! That rotten slut that he always ran from like the plague. Now they were together behind Hope’s back. How could he possible to that to her?!

    A few of my classmates who where laughing looped their arms around my neck and towed me into the locker room. No one at all saw them. That just ticked me off more. So much that I was going to make Marek pay for what he is doing to Hope. She worries about him while he was doing this shi...

    My jaw clenched. I was so going to make him pay. No matter what, Marek will know I was gunning for him during the last battle. Our friendship, no matter how precarious it was, was now over. Not after what I just witnessed. Now I was out for his blood and this was war.

~~Hope’s Point Of View~~

    I laughed at Gilliett because of the joke he just told me was we rode into the barn. We had taken the afternoon off and when for a ride on two of the school’s horses. It was nice just having a relaxing right with my mentor. Being only twenty had its advantages, I guess, with one’s students.

    He just told me some silly joke about a garden gnome and a squirrel. I couldn’t stop laughing even under my breathe as I helped my horse into her stall. Even Gilliett was chuckling in the stall next to me.

    After he was done brushing his horse, he leaned his shoulder against the stall door. “How are you celebrating Christmas? Off to Marek’s parent’s with him again this year.”

    My heart tightened a little as I shook my head. “No.” The word coming out small and sad. “I’m just going to go home with Franklin.”

    Gilliett came over and stopped my hand. “Are you alright? I’ve noticed since last week that something’s been going on.”

    I shrugged. “Everything is fine.”