Starr Academy: Year Two- Chapter 8

Eight

    I smiled looking out the window of our small private plane. Norfolk was now many miles away. What had me smiling was seeing our school. It took my breathe away like it had last year. The beauty of the place we learn more about ourselves and the natural world around us.

    Marek rested his chin on my shoulder with his hands slipped around my waist. “Welcome back.”

    I smiled as I kissed his cheek. “You too. I feel like I’m returning home.”

    “We do live here for longer than we are anywhere else for the year. I have started feeling like it is home too.” He whispered into my ear and hugged me a little tighter. “So I should say ‘welcome home Hope’.”

    I giggled as we were told that we were starting the descent onto the private runway. Marek unbound himself from me, but took my hand in his and threaded our fingers together. We sat back and felt the plane dip. We smiled at each other as the plane finally touched down on the runway.

    There was an excited cheer from all the students. Marek and I laughed as we joined in. The attendant smiled shaking her head. I guess I wasn’t the only one happy to be back.

    I sighed and breathed in the fresh mountain air. Marek’s arms wrapped around me as he got off the private jet and he too breathed in the sweet and clean air. I felt myself returning to feeling completely myself as I had last year. This place makes me feel complete.

    Marek slipped out from behind me and took my hand. He smiled pulling me over to the school’s vehicles. I giggled as he found one and helped me in first. Always the gentleman.

    I smiled as I watched my most favorite place in the world unfold again around us as we were driven to the school. The hills. The areas of pastures of open fields. The farms getting ready for the harvesting season that was coming soon. All of it was so welcoming and I felt at home here.

    Horses were even running in a field and I recognized them as the ones from the school. I wasn’t yet a completely confident rider, but I wasn’t scared around horses any longer. I thanked my great instructor for that.

    The majestic facade of our school rose up and stood before us. I felt my giddiness bubbling up. I couldn’t wait for school to actually begin. To learn more magic and more about myself with help from my professors.

    Marek chuckled at me as we walked into the great foyer toward the great hall. I was bouncing with my excitement. Skipping beside him with his hand in mine. I was wondering who was here already besides Franklin. I was also curious who he had escorted here.

    We entered and I was nearly instantly engulfed in a massive hug. I pulled back and saw it was Ricky. I giggled remembering that his brother had been my surfing instructor. I could see the resemblance now. How had I missed it before.

    “Hey Hope! How was your summer?” Ricky ask as he still hadn’t let me down. My feet were dangling about three inches from the ground. He had grown a nice few inches over the summer.

    I smiled. “Very good especially with your brother teaching me how to surf.”

    I giggled at how his jaw dropped. “You know Patrick?” I nodded. He groaned. “I knew I should have gone to Mom’s for the summer.” He looked me over and smiled. “I see you spent a lot of time surfing.”

    I blushed and nodded. “Patrick said I was a natural.” I bit my lip. “I even learned on my on how to use my water element to help.”

    Ricky laughed. “That’s why Patrick surfs too.”