|A promise is a promise|

(Are you challenging me?!)

While you looked at her in horror you realized that you thought she was cute the first time you saw her. "Don't worry, I don't judge you for anything you think. I mean, who couldn't resist me?" She asked tilting her head cutely and stepping closer to you. You didn't move from your spot, you just turned your body towards her. "You've got one thing right that's for sure." You mumbled to yourself. You felt two arms snake their way around your waist as you look up at her. She moved her head down and whispered in your ear. "I guess It's a good thing you can't hear my thoughts and the thoughts of the other me's out there." She whispered to you, making you shiver in her arms. "Then what are you thinking?" You asked with a smile on your face. "Nothin, just you." She said, pressing her lips to your skin. "Your thinking what about me?" You asked while moving your head so she could have better access to your neck. "Nothing to be concerned about." She said.

There was a knock at the door making you both whine and move away from each other. You let her turn and walk first since she was in the walkway of your kitchen. You turned and ran to your room, confusing her. You grabbed her scarf and ran back to her. "You'll probably need this." You said as you handed her the scarf. "Thanks, I'll try and be more careful next time." She sorta joked. You opened the door and saw Ajay. "I'm sorry to botha chu right now, but who was dat?" She asked in her heavy accent. "Just my mother." You told her. "You've got a weird motha then." She said. "I'll be takin Silva out in a few minutes, just don't be TOO loud you two." She winked as she turned around and walked back to her house.

You turned around and giggled at her antics and walked to the kitchen. You looked up and saw a very red Renee. "I thought Wraiths were invisible. You're not living up to the name dear." You joked with her, making her tilt her head. "You don't know what 'wraith' means?" You asked a little dumbfounded that she might not know what it really is or means. "I know it's a ghost, that's it." She confessed, looking at the ground to her left. "Oh my god....." You sorta fangirled about this moment, you finally get to flex your ghost smartness. "Okay, a wraith is a ghost or ghost-like image of someone, They are seen shortly before or after death. They are usually pale, thin, and faint. You can't track them by footsteps because they don't touch the floor. They can also phase through objects. That was a quick definition of a wraith." You explained a little fast. "Wow, didn't know we had a ghost expert on the apex team." She half-joked. "Well, there's another ghost named legend on the team too." You said as-a-matter-the-factly. "Who's that then?" She asked. "Revenant, someone who has returned supposedly from death. Also known as a reanimated corpse. That's a revenant for ya." You explained again.

Renee stood there a bit confused but also surprised how well the names go with their recipients. "Well, come here. I want to show you something." You said as you led her to your backyard. You made her stay on the porch as you ran out to your large yard. You shared your yard with Ajay and Silva and they shared theirs with you. (You guys just took down the wooden fence that separated your yards). You ran all the way down to the bottom of the yard and POOF! You turned into a Trico. You turned your lanky head slowly, flicking one ear, as you studied Renee's face. It was like a child looking at Christmas lights for the first time. You leaned your head down slowly and gently nuzzled her with your enormous head, being careful not to hurt her with your horns. She hugged your muzzle and laughed like a child as you nuzzle closer to her almost knocking her over. You gently yet swiftly grab her by her scarf and place her on your feathered back. You opened your gigantic wings and ran through the yard with her, trying to catch the wind. Eventually, you do and start flying. You started to flap them and WOOSH, you were off and in the air. She gripped your feathers tightly as to not fall off of you. You flew towards the clouds and broke through them. She looked around at the beauty of the sight and sighed contently. She leaned forwards and hugged you. "Thank you." She said as she hugged your warm body. 'A promise is a promise' You thought so she could hear you. She hugged you tighter after that.

After a bit of flying around the town, you started to glide down and back to your house. You landed gracefully and transformed back to a human. You caught Renee as she fell from the air. "See, it was fun huh?" You asked, all she did was nod her head frantically. You tried to let her down but she wrapped her legs around you and held on. "Don't let me go." She said as she clung to your body. You complied and held on to one of her legs as you walked back to the porch. You opened your sliding-glass door and let yourself back in. You looked out the window with Renee still clinging to you. "Hmm, they really did leave." You mumbled to yourself. "Why would they lie about something as stupid as that?" She asked. I don't think you know them as I do. "What do you mean by that?" You sighed. "I mean, they'll lie about the smallest of things for reasons I don't know." You explained.

Word count is 994