12. Bet

"Have a good weekend, class." Professor Hobb dismisses us.

"Ready to get this wild Friday night started?" I ask Olivia, slinging on my backpack.

"I don't know. You think you can handle it?" she teases.

"Try me, Finch." I smirk.

A small blush blossoms on her cheeks. "Don't worry, I'm sure you've had much wilder nights."

"That may be true," I muse. I place my hand on her desk, leaning in to be eye level with her, inches away from her face. "So I guess I'm down for anything," I say, giving her a wink, my voice low and playful.

Her cheeks turn red and she pulls her gaze away from mine, quickly stuffing the rest of her belongings into her backpack. I can't help but chuckle, pulling away and leaning back against my desk to give her some space.

"Ready?" I ask as soon as she's finished packing her things.

She nods, still clearly bashful from my forward flirting.

We walk out of the Language Arts building and into the late summer heat. Olivia's dressed in her usual T-shirt and jeans combo, the color of her shirt today as yellow as the sun. I have to admit, yellow looks good on her. The color really compliments her caramel hair and eyes.

"What?" I hear her ask, her voice shy, and I realize she's looking at me.

Damn. She must have caught me staring.

"Yellow's your color," I admit honestly, causing her to blush once more. "I know powder blue is your favorite color, but yellow looks really good on you."

Her brows furrow and she briefly stops in her tracks. "How do you know that's my favorite color?" she asks, doing that adorable little head tilt thing.

"It's kind of obvious, Finch. Your backpack, your room, just little things," I list.

Her head jerks back in surprise, an emotion washing over her face that I can't quite decipher. After a moment, a soft smile starts to tug at her lips and she bows her head to hide it from me, brushing past me to lead us to the library.

We jog up the stairs to the library, and I make sure to grab the door for her. The library is fairly empty, given it's a Friday and pretty much everyone wants to get the hell out of here after their classes are over. Normally that would be me, but Olivia offered to have our first study session and I didn't have the heart to tell her no. She's already accommodating me enough, working around my crazy football schedule.

Olivia leads us to a back table, walking confidently, like she's been here a million times before. I've only been here once, maybe twice my whole college career.

She takes a seat across from me at the table, pulling out her books. "Do you want to start with the lab material first or lecture?"

"Lab is fine," I say, hoping I can remember some of the material from Wednesday so I don't look like a complete moron.

"Okay," she says, grabbing her lab manual and flipping the pages to this week's lesson. "I'll let you study the figures for a few minutes and then quiz you over them."

I nod, getting to work.

For about ten minutes she lets me look over the material—bones of the hand and arm, as well as muscles of the arm. She uses Post-it notes to hide the answers from me, pointing at the figures and having me name what she's pointing to. She starts out easy and then gets more difficult.

"Triquetrum."

Shit, where is that again?

I look at the figure, blanking. I look down at my own hand, thinking maybe somehow that will help. When I don't know it, I take a wild guess.