BONUS CHAPTER - Valentine's Day

"Don't fall asleep on me," Olivia instructs as she straddles me on my twin sized mattress in my dorm room.

I hum noncommittally.

"Bronx!"

"Finch!" I mock her in an over exaggerated, high pitched voice. "Ow!" I yelp, pulling my face out of my pillow after she jabs me in the shoulder blade with her uncapped highlighter. I prop myself up on my forearms and crane my neck to throw her a glare over my shoulder.

Respectably, she sticks her tongue out at me and starts back up on drawing and labeling the diagram she's started on my back. This week in Anatomy II lab, we're going over back muscles and she's decided to use me as her real life model to study. Not that I mind at all. It's kind of soothing having her draw on my back—minus whenever she get too close to my ribs and it tickles a bit, leading her to tease me about being ticklish even though I'm not—and who wouldn't want their hot girlfriend touching and straddling them?

"You should kiss it and make it better," I suggest playfully.

I watch the corner of her mouth twitch up as she intently works on her diagram. "No."

"No?" I repeat dramatically, feigning bewilderment. "And why not?"

"I don't want to get ink poisoning," she states simply, failing miserably at trying not to smile.

I laugh, shaking my head. "So you're willing to draw all over your boyfriend and give him ink poisoning but you won't kiss his booboo, that you inflicted, for half a second to make it better in fear of your lips possibly touching ink and you getting ink poisoning?"

"Yep." She's full on grinning at this point, still not meeting my gaze, too wrapped up in her work.

"Well then," I mumble, taking her by surprise by reaching back around and gripping her hip to stabilize her before abruptly flipping onto my back from my stomach beneath her. She squeals and I suck in a sharp breath between my teeth as pain shoots through my side.

Worry immediately floods her eyes and she stiffens. "Easy," she chastises softly.

It's been a little over a month since my motorcycle accident, and my broken ribs and leg still have a bit of healing to do. Only a couple of more weeks until I'm no longer hobbling around campus on crutches.

"You okay?" she asks, gently placing her hands on my torso, her thumbs stroking back and forth in a soothing motion across my naked skin.

I grunt, trying to shift into a more comfortable position. "Yeah, I'm good." She gives me a skeptical look, moving to get off me, but I place my hands on her thighs, keeping her in place. "I'm good," I repeat. "With you. Right here."

Her eyes soften and she relaxes a bit, sitting back on my stomach. "I didn't get to finish my diagram," she pouts jokingly.

I roll my eyes, giving her a lazy grin. "Maybe I want a turn to study," I say lowly, my hands reaching for the hem of her shirt, toying with the fabric.

A blush spreads across her cheeks. "Are you really going to study?"

"Of course."

Sitting up, I place my hands under her shirt, touching her soft, warm skin. Slowly, I lift up her shirt, tugging it up and over her head, watching her long caramel hair cascade down her back and shoulders before sealing my lips to hers.

I place my hand on her lower back, pulling her body uptight against mine, absolutely loving the feel of skin on skin contact. Sliding my hand up her back, and my lips down her neck, I unclasp her bra, brushing the straps off her shoulders and down her arms, letting it fall to the floor. My lips travel lower, kissing down the valley of her breasts, kissing the scar running between them.