14. Jersey

I walk into the anatomy lecture hall feeling nervous. Like last time, there's a low murmur over the classroom, students quizzing each other and quickly scanning over their notes one last time.

I look up a few tiers and spot Olivia sitting next to Delilah, an empty seat between them as they both scan over their notes.

As if feeling my gaze on her, Olivia's warm brown eyes lift to meet mine, and she gives me a soft smile.

I jog up the stairs to our row, taking a seat one away from Olivia. Its protocol to leave a seat open between each student on test day to prevent cheating.

"Hey, Finch."

"Hey. Ready?" she asks softly, looking anxious.

"I hope so," I admit nervously. "But I had a great tutor, so I'm pretty confident." I smirk, causing her to blush.

For the past month, I've met up with Olivia a few times a week to study, and I can only hope all of our time together will pay off. I'm almost positive it will. She's truly a great teacher, but my old insecurities can't help but creep in.

What if I fail? Then I've wasted all of her time for nothing, and I'll feel absolutely awful.

No, Bronx, I scold myself. You're going to ace this fucking test and she's going to look damn good in your jersey at the homecoming game this weekend.

Suddenly feeling very determined, I'm ready for the professor to walk through the door and hand out the tests so I can get it over with. Adrenaline is pumping through my veins the way it does before a big game, and I know I'm ready to tackle this test head-on.

When the professor eventually walks in, I can't get my test fast enough.

Staring at the first question, I'm surprised at how fast I can answer it, and with confidence. I seem to be breezing right through the test, only a few answers stumping me.

Olivia, Delilah, and rat boy all finish before me, but I make sure not to let that stress me out. I make sure to take my time, double and even triple checking my answers. When I feel confident enough, I get up and turn my test in to the professor, praying I didn't flunk.

I'm almost certain I didn't fail. I felt way too sure about some answers, whereas last time, I felt like I didn't know anything. That has to be a good sign, right? At lease an improvement?

Trying not to overthink it, I return to my seat and pick up my stuff, slinging my backpack over my shoulder and walking out of the lecture hall.

When I make it to the hallway, I'm greeted by an all too familiar sight.

Olivia is seated on the bench across from the door, the same bench she was sitting at when I found her after our first test, staring down at her phone. When the door closes behind me she lifts her head to meet my eyes, her honey colored ones staring back at me with anxious curiosity, dying to know how I thought it went.

"Well?" she asks impatiently.

I let out a sigh, plopping down next to her on the bench. Closing my eyes, I rest my head back against the wall.

I feel Olivia shift, bending her knee up on the bench between us to face me. Sensing her intense gaze, I peek one of my eyes open to look at her. She's staring at me with wide eyes full of worry, and my lips involuntarily twitch up at the corners due to her adorableness.

"Bronx!" she whines, shoving my shoulder.

I can't help but laugh, sitting up straight. "I don't want to jinx anything," I confess. "But I think I did pretty well." I grin, turning to look at her expression.